• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My new friend into colection is...R1 MJ low serial # with unfinished frame :))

Cody Oslo

Oakley Expert
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Oslo
R1 MJ low serial # with unfinished frame :)) Does anyone have something simillar or have seen R1 MJ like this?
Should I cut that extra part with Dremel tool or should I let it like that? What are you guys recomand?

I'm wondering, how is that possible to pass in 97/98 quality control for this kind of exclusive product and let it been sold like a finished product?

Agree or not?

Thank you, Cody

2015-08-29 20.50.58.jpg

sketch-1440874515814.jpg

I'd leave it, removing it might cause more problems with the rest of the finish etc. Early stuff often has casting irregularities.

Whats it going to do to the gasket...............NOTHING. Its just slightly oversized at the base. They managed to fit a gasket at the factory: shouldnt present a problem now.

It's a small gap near the gasket because of that extra part of the frame

R1 MJ low serial # with unfinished frame :)) Does anyone have something simillar or have seen R1 MJ like this?
Should I cut that extra part with Dremel tool or should I let it like that? What are you guys recomand?

I'm wondering, how is that possible to pass in 97/98 quality control for this kind of exclusive product and let it been sold like a finished product?

Agree or not?

Thank you, Cody

View attachment 176891

View attachment 176895

if you don´t like them, I will take them for a small price ;)

use an angle grinder and start with a really heavy grit grinder to start. table grinders are okay too, if you have a reciprocating saw THAT WOULD BE THE BEST if you use that you dont even need to take out the lenses!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back