• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

- My/Our Disastrous TN Move ... (A Photo Essay)

Thank you so very much, guys. The kind words & wishes mean everything to Theresa & I.

Shout out to @Frogskins for appreciating what & how I shared ... Now I am sure I did it the right way.

One Member on FB reached out when I first posted our mishap, two others e-Mailed me directly, & two more MSGd me on here wondering why they had not heard from me in like a week or so, ... whether privately or maybe in "What Oakley's Are You Wearing Today?", or elsewhere on OF.

It was at that point I knew I knew for sure I would find an appropriate area to share what had happened, ... & I knew there was no way that I could possibly make the story short ... & since I had a few silly photos to start things out with, the rest I already had to be used - among hundreds of others - to communicate with the insurance company every moment & detail of what happened, & what is broken, scratched, or, even if in my opinion, the trailer just looked at something wrong - then I would use a handful of them to help illustrate the narrative. I thought it would also keep people's interest longer.

At this point in time, I have put my hands on approximately 75% of e v e r y t h i n g I brought here. Unlike when I packed, with the help of others, I cannot just eyeball stuff & point & direct, ... to fill out these insurance papers, I must - I actually want to - handle everything ... I am so tired of opening & closing CDs, ... going through an endless supply, & various lengths of, home & car audio cables & cords, etc. It is nuts. With another start to the day like today, I expect to be done before dinner tomorrow evening ... & that still with maybe two to three more hours tonight before calling it & starting again by 10:00am.

I have a freebie IH bag for you bro. Seems the least I could do with all you went through. Shoot me your info via PM.

Also miiiiight have a skull too. I'll dig

Wow.

As I shared with you via TXT, the only reason I shared the "O" losses I have was to let folks here know that my Cube display, glasses themselves, & the large lot of accessories, etc., all but made it unscathed, but that the last thing I wanted to come across as was as a beggar. Loosing what I did is nearly a fifty dollar bill, though I know there is nothing I could get an insurance company to cover, but all in all, I dodged a major bullet.

Needless to say, Sir, this is incredibly kind ... Amazing Members here.

:hi::drinks:

Made it home safely at 5:30am.

Just returned the truck & trailer with Pop's help, now at Five Guys Burgers ...

20150226_114829_zps3qjwujkb.jpg

@TheresaMLe1975

Glad you guys are ok

I was just in TN last week and of course stopped at the vault.....
I have been away from the forum and didn;t know you were already moved to Oak Ridge..
Congrats on the move and the survival of such an incredible event.

Glad you guys are ok

I was just in TN last week and of course stopped at the vault.....
I have been away from the forum and didn;t know you were already moved to Oak Ridge..
Congrats on the move and the survival of such an incredible event.

I appreciate the kind words ... sincerely.

Everything had been going beyond great, ... then eighteen days in I get a call from my Mom that Pop had fallen & was real bad.

I grabbed the next flight home & essentially said "Goodbye" to him as he died early Easter Sunday morning ... just had services Friday night for him. I'll be flying back down this coming Thursday.

I do not think there has been a rougher sixty-day span in my life ... let alone the previous 9-10 months that he had been doing everything to recover from that friggin' open-heart quad-bypass surgery BS.

Back