• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need help to fight a cancer

It's not the first time I hear that. Honestly it's hard to hear the truth especially when your better half is fighting for her life and that a easy solution could come to fruition fast. So as of now, I can't simply go knock on merck's door and ask kindly for a medicine for her. So my other option is this costly therapy.

I wish my reply reflected more what I want to say, but my lack of words at the moment is showing a lot

The crappy thing is that most likely treatments have been developed to cure or at least suppress it to a point that it’s not an issue, but the drug companies that have money invested in these current “treatments” will not allow to be manufactured. There is no money in developing cures for patient in the manufactures eyes. I do not mean to sound negative, and I really hope that you’re able to get what you need, but I’ve heard first hand accounts from people involved in manufacturing drugs related to similar topics.

Hepatitis C is now curable, but a cure actually existed more than 20 years ago. For things like cancer, It just sucks that the wealthy are the only ones who have the access to this stuff. I do not want to sound like a complete mental case, but don’t get me going on conspiracy theories.

End rant.
It is just a conspiracy theory in many cases, unfortunately. Patents have expired on lots of medicines that are still being used, so there is less of a driver than you might think to prevent new drugs being developed, when biosimilars to established meds can be used at lower cost. The cost of treatment in the US in general is a different matter of course.

The latest developments in cancer research are to make bespoke treatments for individual patients. Cancers can arise and develop in so many different ways, it gets trickier to have an entirely effective “off the shelf” medication. Repairing damaged DNA is still somewhat beyond us, but for example they can test cells to see if specific proteins are being over-expressed and design a mab to target those proteins and impair the cancer’s ability to “hide” from the body’s own defence mechanisms.

Any treatment for cancer tends to be a mixed approach. In future, the hope is it can be more directed and less deleterious for normal cells and overall health. As it stands, it’s tough on people, as I’m sure j and his wife know all too well. I hope they can do something with immunotherapy for her.

Thanks for your input Carrera ! You seem very informed on the matter and it's a very well explained answer for those that are foreigner about this

Another friendly bump.

I don’t know how I landed on this thread but I was doing a search on past postings and the thread title caught my attention. @jmaxime89 I don’t know you my brother, but wanted to share with you my story. My mom was diagnosed with Glioblastoma (an aggressive brain cancer) and 9 months after being diagnosed she died on Thanksgiving Day many years ago.
That was her favorite holiday of the year. I asked her once why it was her favorite holiday and she said to me because, “everyone comes home”. Being that today is Mother’s Day still leaves a whole in my heart that will never heal.

Have you thought of having your wife being a participant in immunotherapy clinical trials? Ask your dr. maybe he could recommend her.
You may still inquire here:
Home | Canadian Cancer Trials
And here:
Clinical Trials | Leukemia and Lymphoma Society

Prayers for your wife. Also, to you.

It is with all my courage that I show up here. Announcing you that my lovely Wife, Saroun, has left us on June 29th.

Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart to all of you, who decided they wanted to help a perfect stranger. It means the world to me

Screenshot_20180811-100511.png

It is with all my courage that I show up here. Announcing you that my lovely Wife, Saroun, has left us on June 29th.

Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart to all of you, who decided they wanted to help a perfect stranger. It means the world to me

View attachment 512631

OMG CONDOLENCES for some reason seriously it went to my mind last night and asked myself “hmmm wonder what happened to him” then you posted. My deepest condolences brother i am wishing all the best to you and your family on this difficult time.

We are all mourning for you :(

Back