• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need tips on tune ups

BigOakleyGuy

Oakley Enthusiast
Hey guys! I bought some juliets this fall and they need a flex coupler change. I also noticed some minor scratches on the lenses. I decided that, since I live in Finland and there is no one nearby who can do tune-ups, I will order the Linegear nose bridge tool and learn to fix things myself. I acknowledge the risks involving fixing your X-Metals and that the tool is not 100% safe method. I know how to do the flex coupler change and switch the lenses but does anyone have any good tips on how to minimize the risk of damaging the finish or potentially breaking something?

Hey guys! I bought some juliets this fall and they need a flex coupler change. I also noticed some minor scratches on the lenses. I decided that, since I live in Finland and there is no one nearby who can do tune-ups, I will order the Linegear nose bridge tool and learn to fix things myself. I acknowledge the risks involving fixing your X-Metals and that the tool is not 100% safe method. I know how to do the flex coupler change and switch the lenses but does anyone have any good tips on how to minimize the risk of damaging the finish or potentially breaking something?
I wouldn't attempt doing it yourself unless you are very confident you can do it. To buy the tooling and parts is more expensive than sending them to someone who has done thousands like me. But, i only do UK customers now. It is too expensive to post to the UK and send back.

Hope you get sorted buddy.

+ 1 to @OakleyOneKenobi sentiment. I would also weigh up the Frame provenance. i.e if it was a plentiful frame (hence not a limited serialised one like an Ichiro for example) then maybe buy the parts & have a go. FWIW I would watch/read OXM tutorial prior to deciding. If you have multiple Frames that you are intending to Tune up I would definitely advocate going ahead. If its only one Frame I'd take the pain & get it posted to some of the experienced members on here. One slip on reinserting the Pins and you are then (as I have-and I've done quite a few) looking for a Bridge piece which is waaaaay more than the postage/piece of mind that comes with getting the pro's to do it.....

It’s not rocket science. I didn’t want to ship everything out every time I needed something done. The only way that’s going to happen is to fix things myself. Check out my DIY thread and I talk about doing my own pins. I must have redone almost a hundred bridges so far, with no major mishaps. Maybe I’ve been lucky to avoid damaging or breaking anything. Maybe I’ve just been extra cautious. I’m an electrician so I’m not bad with my hands.
:cool:🤙

Last edited:
Back