• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Never posted, thought this would be a good start.

beau1890

Forum Counsel
Premium Member
So, I've lurked around for a few years as my old carbon Juliet's have aged and I've sought ways to ensure they will continue to last me another 10 years till I die. You all have been a wealth of info which I thank you for. Honestly not sure why I haven't posted anything till now, but my first X Metal purchase in 10 years has given me the inspiration.
j1.jpg

j2.jpg

The pair I always wanted, yet the pair Oakley never had in stock when I finally was able to buy nice things. Yes, yes, I watched certain movies that don't have to be named in the early 2000's that made me long for these.
j3.jpg

j4.jpg

These are my trusty carbons that I got almost 10 years ago and wear practically every day, now with brand new sapphire prizm polarized cut by OXM. And what a great set of lenses these are, perfectly cut, and honestly they fit in my frames better than the replacement Fire Polarized that I purchased as spares from Oakley (many thanks on the really fantastic cuts OXM). I could not be more pleased with these and the fact that I can trash bin my Flak 2.0XL's now, cause Prizm + Juliet = mind blown. (ok, not really going to trash the Flaks...but they just got demoted to "activities with a chance of destruction or loss")

Not saying this is the start of something, I mean I already have many more pairs of Oakley's than my wife approves of. But this might be the start of something....after all, Juliets need a Romeo right?

Last edited:
Wow first post ever, almost exactly 3 years to the date you joined. That’s a long time to lurk. Anyway, congrats on your first post and welcome to a much thinner wallet very soon.

Thanks for the welcome guys. Yeah, like I said not sure why I never posted. Didn't realize it had been 3 years since I found this forum though. I had gotten a spare set of BIP and a set of Fire Polarized for the carbons way back when I first ordered so that I could keep em up and running longer. Especially since I saw the writing on the wall back in '08 for the XMs and reasoned LuxOakley wouldn't keep replacements on hand going forward. But the left orbital Fire never fit right (the top part of the lense always sticks out of the frame by a few mm). And the spare BIP's and the Fires have already had some flaking of the iridium around the edges. So around the time I found this was because I was looking at ways to keep them in service; and learned by lurking of all the people keeping these pieces of art going. And yes, I foresee my wallet getting lighter at some point, just not right now with a kindergartner and a 2 month old to worry about :cool-33:

Not saying this is the start of something, I mean I already have many more pairs of Oakley's than my wife approves of. But this might be the start of something....after all, Juliets need a Romeo right?
No, what Juliet really needs is female companionship. Called Juliet. Lots of ‘em :D

Back