• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Mastermind Japan x Oakley Frogskins?

So my glasses were brought by for delivery, but I wasn't there to sign. Says they will come again Monday and try. I went on FedEx to try to set up a pickup instead for it and it wasn't working when I input my address. Would be nice to pick them up this weekend.
That totally sucks. I've only had that happen once but not with shades. Here they usually leave a card where you can go get it somewhere. Kinda sucks they are going to try again.

Here you go!

12266fcc29b1abea9bca5cb123da1033.jpg
ae8454faa6cc0068d9f3baa23106e44d.jpg
f44fed298a3763deb1abc79833f847bf.jpg

I have just received both pairs and note some interesting details. First, the Polished Black frames of both share the 24-379 sku of the original release that had the Black Polarized lens, so it seems possible Oakley used those earlier frames, rather than make new ones with a redundant part code. If this is the case then perhaps some of the original 50 have been used for each of the two new releases. Alternatively, the frames have been made 'fresh' where the the 24-379 has been overlooked. There is a strange anomaly with the labels, the Oakley label shows OO9013-46 Mastermind Pol Black w/Black Irid, which conflicts the Matte Black - Black B1B sku, the Mastermind label is on top of the Oakley label (where the text 'shows through'), which reveals the apparent sku as 16SSMMO-SU01-270. The Violet pair has the Oakley label showing OO9013-48 Mastermind Pol Black w/Violet Irid, a sku that conflicts with Matte Red - Fire B1B. The Oakley label text again shows through the top label which has the sku 16SSMMO-SU01-170. Comparisons will be made between these two and the originals, personally the plus side of the earlier pairs is the two different design microbags, two different frames (Pol Black & Matte Black), and significantly the black boxes with 'Frogskins' in silver text, thus those two releases had unique boxes only ever issued on those pairs. The recent issues could see a plus with a cool bag, a Violet lens, and the tandem skull etchings. Regardless, if you are a Frogskins collector you need all four and to enjoy them all.

Last edited:
I have just received both pairs and note some interesting details. First, the Polished Black frames of both share the 24-379 sku of the original release that had the Black Polarized lens, so it seems possible Oakley used those earlier frames, rather than make new ones with a redundant part code. If this is the case then perhaps some of the original 50 have been used for each of the two new releases. Alternatively, the frames have been made 'fresh' where the the 24-379 has been overlooked. There is a strange anomaly with the labels, the Oakley label shows OO9013-46 Mastermind Pol Black w/Black Irid, which conflicts the Matte Black - Black B1B sku, the Mastermind label is on top of the Oakley label (where the text 'shows through'), which reveals the apparent sku as 16SSMMO-SU01-270. The Violet pair has the Oakley label showing OO9013-48 Mastermind Pol Black w/Violet Irid, a sku that conflicts with Matte Red - Fire B1B. The Oakley label text again shows through the top label which has the sku 16SSMMO-SU01-170. Comparisons will be made between these two and the originals, personally the plus side of the earlier pairs is the two different design microbags, two different frames (Pol Black & Matte Black), and significantly the black boxes with 'Frogskins' in silver text, thus those two releases had unique boxes only ever issued on those pairs. The recent issues could see a plus with a cool bag, a Violet lens, and the tandem skull etchings. Regardless, if you are a Frogskins collector you need all four and to enjoy them all.

Always interesting information. Strange the skus conflict. Thanks for sharing.

Its not the first time Oakley has recycled pairs.RVF, if anyone knows this. A pair I traded with him (the VW Frogs) had a regular polished black/gray sku.
But like he said, if youre a collector, gotta have em. At $350 a pop you better!

Its not the first time Oakley has recycled pairs.RVF, if anyone knows this. A pair I traded with him (the VW Frogs) had a regular polished black/gray sku.
But like he said, if youre a collector, gotta have em. At $350 a pop you better!
Lol. I guess I'm just not a collector. :sorry::cry:

Back