• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Oakley 2016-2017 snow goggles

I thought I would update this thread now that I finally purchased an Airbrake. I was planning to buy from Oakley Canada but their site was filled with wrong descriptions on the goggle colors and they didn't answer my e-mails to confirm what I would actually be getting.

I found these new Flight Series ABs locally for $100 CAD ($76 USD). The price tag of $239.99 CAD plus tax ($275.99) was still on them so I didn't even try to talk the seller down.

They have the dark grey and hi persimmon lenses. I liked the persimmon for night snowboarding but the grey lens does not show much contrast during the day, so I will be keeping an eye out for a sale on prizm lenses. I love the switchlock technology which makes swapping lenses a breeze.

Thanks for all the help @NoFair :cool-33:

ab2.JPG
ab3.JPG
ab.JPG

I thought I would update this thread now that I finally purchased an Airbrake. I was planning to buy from Oakley Canada but their site was filled with wrong descriptions on the goggle colors and they didn't answer my e-mails to confirm what I would actually be getting.

I found these new Flight Series ABs locally for $100 CAD ($76 USD). The price tag of $239.99 CAD plus tax ($275.99) was still on them so I didn't even try to talk the seller down.

They have the dark grey and hi persimmon lenses. I liked the persimmon for night snowboarding but the grey lens does not show much contrast during the day, so I will be keeping an eye out for a sale on prizm lenses. I love the switchlock technology which makes swapping lenses a breeze.

Thanks for all the help @NoFair :cool-33:

View attachment 309070 View attachment 309071 View attachment 309072

Sweet set. Since you have HI Persimmon I'd try to get a Prizm lens to complement it. Prizm black is very dark, but great for bluebird days when spring is approaching (rose or Jade/Sapphire/torch are a bit more versatile). I agree on Grey, only good thing with it imho is that it looks kind of cool in an all matte black frame ;)

You have me convinced on the rose so hopefully a sale pops up at some point. I can't bring myself to pay full retail :eek:

Black Rose Iridium is discoed and is also very good (a bit less pink and contrasty than the Prizms) and might be around at great prices (I think I got 80% off on mine) Black iridium in goggles is like tungsten iridium and also works well from medium to bright light. Imho the Prizm rose is worth it, the other Prizm lenses are a bit too expensive.. Might be some sales closer to the end of the season though

I picked up a Prizm Jade for my pair of AB's in store in Melbourne Australia for $100AUD - would be about $76USD? Highly recommend, have the hi persimmon and dark grey as well, great goggles

Back