• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New OTT

I'm not trying to be hostile with her. I just would like a further explanation of her statement.

Gonna break me in right away I guess, eh? lol. So I should have been more specific and considered the amount of actually well educated Oakley folks here before I said that. So not manufactured in exactly the same way or with the same material but the 3D effect that was so ground breaking in X Metal -no one had done it before, right? - is in MY opinion definitely mirrored in the aluminum of both the bad and madman. To me that is technologically similar. So I apolgize for not clarifying that I did not mean the process or material. Although now I am going to go find out how we molded the aluminum....

Gonna break me in right away I guess, eh? lol. So I should have been more specific and considered the amount of actually well educated Oakley folks here before I said that. So not manufactured in exactly the same way or with the same material but the 3D effect that was so ground breaking in X Metal -no one had done it before, right? - is in MY opinion definitely mirrored in the aluminum of both the bad and madman. To me that is technologically similar. So I apolgize for not clarifying that I did not mean the process or material. Although now I am going to go find out how we molded the aluminum....

The madman raw has flashing, which implies they were cast.

Yes it is diecast manufacturing. Luxottica has invested in it and we will likely see more of it in the future.

Ok. So forgive the inherent obviousness of this question. When you say cast you mean heated up and poured into a mold? And isn't that basically what was done with XMetal?

Original X-metals used investment/lost-wax casting which is generally more expensive than die-casting.

Back