• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New OTT

Ok. Well here's my interpretation of why we named it X Metal. 1. It's a name that resonates with the true fans and collectors. 2. We employed some of
the same technology. 3. It's an evolution of a family that is logical-old heritage and culture and new materials. And I agree that we have to answer to shareholders but what makes the brand valuable to them, to Lux, to customers and to us in the family is the uniqueness that we are still able to design and pursue. Ive been in the optical industry over 20 years and you have to adapt to grow.

Welcome to the forum.

I agree with #s 1 & 3, from a marketing perspective. #2 isn't true though - none of the tech that made original x-metals unique was used with the neXt-metals.

But this is a subject that's already been beaten to death so that's all I'll say about that.

I think the 3D look of the aluminum is definirely a nod to the original (without the explosive potential of moisture in a mold) and that while it isn't the same
Tech per se it's a product of it. And may I say it's very refreshing to talk to people that know what the hell they are talking about. And that's all I'll say on this thread anyway.

I think the 3D look of the aluminum is definirely a nod to the original (without the explosive potential of moisture in a mold) and that while it isn't the same
Tech per se it's a product of it. And may I say it's very refreshing to talk to people that know what the hell they are talking about. And that's all I'll say on this thread anyway.
As with Kronin, welcome to the forum. You'll find many members here that are sincere aficionados of the brand- and X Metal fans are arguably the most rabid.

Back