• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New to Forum but owned Oakley factory pilots back in 87

StoneWallAdam

Oakley Beginner
Hey everyone, stumbled across this forum while trying to identify some Oakley Half Jackets 1.0s.

Thank you to everyone in that thread because I had no clue what I had. I actually thought they were M frame but I guess I owned those before I purchased the Half Jackets. After research, I remembered that the M frame had the large lenses.

Long story short, I was a competitive amateur cyclist back in 1987 thru 1993 and owned my first pair of Factory Pilots back in 87. Greg Lemond, Phil Anderson and Andy Hampstead all sported Factory Pilots back then and so I was able to get some for my birthday as I was still pretty young back then. After that, one of my older brothers discovered Oakleys and it was pretty much over after that. I have owned many many pairs and it seems like yesterday when Oakley came out with the Razors and all that Iridium goodness!

Fast forward to today and I just retired a pair of SI Fuel Cells in Multicam. I currently own a pair of Square Wire 4075-04 and a pair of Straight Jacket with Polarized lens. I am real happy with both current pairs.

I currently need to either fix up the two pair of Half Jackets 1.0s and a pair of Livestrong Flak Jackets, or I need to send them on their way to someone who would appreciate them. All three pairs need to be totally reworked. They need new lenses and all the plastic rubber pieces on the frames and nose. I see that Oakley has the 06-200, thanks to that thread i mentioned earlier.

I have several questions for the experts. I appreciate everyone's time in advance for any help you can offer. I don't mind searching myself and don't want to be spoon feed but I have hit a deadens for lenses on the 2 pair of Half Jackets 1.0s. Can someone point me in the right direction for authentic lenses or should I go aftermarket lenses? Do the Half Jacket 2.0 lenses fit the Half Jacket 1.0 frames? Also, for the Livestrong Flak Jacket, I see part 06-210. Does Oakley offer a black and yellow Livestrong replacement part to match the original pieces?

Thanks everyone!

Try to stay away from aftermarket lenses. No matter what anyone says, they arent as good as oakleys. Once you meet the exchange requirements, there are a few pairs for sale here right now. They also pop up on ebay quite often.

Half jacket 2.0 lenses wont fit.

No they dont currently sell livestrong replacement rubbers for the flak 1.0 either

Hey everyone, stumbled across this forum while trying to identify some Oakley Half Jackets 1.0s.

Thank you to everyone in that thread because I had no clue what I had. I actually thought they were M frame but I guess I owned those before I purchased the Half Jackets. After research, I remembered that the M frame had the large lenses.

Long story short, I was a competitive amateur cyclist back in 1987 thru 1993 and owned my first pair of Factory Pilots back in 87. Greg Lemond, Phil Anderson and Andy Hampstead all sported Factory Pilots back then and so I was able to get some for my birthday as I was still pretty young back then. After that, one of my older brothers discovered Oakleys and it was pretty much over after that. I have owned many many pairs and it seems like yesterday when Oakley came out with the Razors and all that Iridium goodness!

Fast forward to today and I just retired a pair of SI Fuel Cells in Multicam. I currently own a pair of Square Wire 4075-04 and a pair of Straight Jacket with Polarized lens. I am real happy with both current pairs.

I currently need to either fix up the two pair of Half Jackets 1.0s and a pair of Livestrong Flak Jackets, or I need to send them on their way to someone who would appreciate them. All three pairs need to be totally reworked. They need new lenses and all the plastic rubber pieces on the frames and nose. I see that Oakley has the 06-200, thanks to that thread i mentioned earlier.

I have several questions for the experts. I appreciate everyone's time in advance for any help you can offer. I don't mind searching myself and don't want to be spoon feed but I have hit a deadens for lenses on the 2 pair of Half Jackets 1.0s. Can someone point me in the right direction for authentic lenses or should I go aftermarket lenses? Do the Half Jacket 2.0 lenses fit the Half Jacket 1.0 frames? Also, for the Livestrong Flak Jacket, I see part 06-210. Does Oakley offer a black and yellow Livestrong replacement part to match the original pieces?

Thanks everyone!

OEM lenses are the best. There should be some here when you can start buying on the forum.

Welcome btw :)

Back