• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New X Squared Fit Question

beergrover

Oakley Beginner
Hey all,

I decided that I was going to treat myself to a new pair of X Squared and make them my full time glasses. I had the lenses made with Transitions. LOVE them. When I originally bought a pair of XX Metals back in 99 (still have them...skillfully rebuilt recently by X Man) I remember to tweak them to fit my less than symmetrical head I used a pair of 25s on the left and 15s on the right for temple pads. I notice the lens on the left brushing my eyelashes (yes...I have pretty eyelashes...ha ha ha..:laugh:) However X Squared do not come with more than one size temple pad...or at least the ones I just bought. If I take out the 15 on the right they fit right. Does anyone know of any tips to make them "adjustable" in fit similar to old school Metals? Will the frame eventually "give" as they break in? Would it do the frame harm to not have pad in the right temple?

Any insight into this would be awesome.

Thanks

M

Not having the shocks in the hinges may have the parts rub against each other, metal on metal, which is probably never good.

The XS can use Juliet shocks so that may be a solution for you as Juliets have multiple sized shocks.

Ha ha ha....awesome!!!!

I am going to guess that I can do the same configuration that I did with my XX Metals to make them fit.

Unless of course they are valued like gold....anyone out there got a spare 25 for a great guy? I am even willing to pay for it. Shoot...If you live anywhere in the New England area I could make it VERY worth your while in top notch craft beer.

Now I am wondering if I should rename this post to read....in search of the elusive 25 temple pad for Xsquared. Surely the people at the Oakley store knew nothing about it.

Thanks Razerwire for the info.

if no one can sell you here, you can try calling oakley customer service and they'll usually send you one for free, if not, for a minimal fee as long as they have it in stock.

Latest Posts

Back