• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Nosebridge repair question

timokhin

Oakley Enthusiast
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Hello fam,

i have acquired polished Juliet beaters, cleaned and reassembled everything like I did numerous times with all of my other pairs (thanks to the proximity of Linegear parts) but this time I faced something unusual.

the nosebridge compartment (I don't know the correct name for it, it is where you insert the orbital) seems to be worn off from the inside, or rather the tongue of the orbital became smaller - it just not fixed tightly, I've tried different flex couplers, all same. ended with adding 4 additional temple washers to the flex coupler and still the result is not perfect. the only thing I didn't try was to check how this nosebridge would behave with other orbitals.

these are the best pictures I can take to explain.

if anybody faced such a situation and are there any solutions?

thanks!

IMG_4335.JPG

IMG_4336.JPG

IMG_4337.JPG

IMG_4338.JPG

IMG_4335.JPG

Guessing it's the right side that is more loose for you? The later years the way they did the finishing on the parts they used tumblers and it'd round off the orbital tabs. And always seems that the right one is more rounded than the left. With really bad ones I have to use 2 different stiffness of flex couplers to even the flex side to side. A softer one in the left and a stiffer one in the right.

Guessing it's the right side that is more loose for you? The later years the way they did the finishing on the parts they used tumblers and it'd round off the orbital tabs. And always seems that the right one is more rounded than the left. With really bad ones I have to use 2 different stiffness of flex couplers to even the flex side to side. A softer one in the left and a stiffer one in the right.
oh, yeah, correct guess, it is polished juliet without serial so it is gen4, later years. the right side is loose. it doesn't bother me much but I thought that it might be something behind it.

the mystery is solved. thank you!

Back