• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley and Dillon Collaboration

@Tnertdog So the Active lenses are non-polarized NIR. They actually look a bit matte, just not flat matte like the Polarized NIR. Is this correct?
Also I cut a set a while back of the Active NIR in Blue, they looked to be polycarbonate instead of the CR-39 Hard Resin Plastic that's in the Polarized NIR. Is that true?

Hey guys, that's cool that they are selling 75mm blanks now, that's plenty large to do every cut imaginable. The problem is they are only 6 base curve. So anyone who wants frogskins, holbrooks, and fuel cells done should be a go. They may also work in latch line, and chainlink. Not to mention they'll work in the 6 base aviators, whats that new one called again???

So when are they gonna stop being jerks over there at Dillon anyway?! I don't know what's up with selling lens blanks, I think that's way cool, but they aren't offering their bread and butter premium lenses?! Hmmm...

I'll wait to see when they offer an 8 base curve polycarbonate NIR Polar. But this may be good news for some.

Thanks for the back @kronin323 @Litos @X-Metal Beast and @Sun & Sand to mention just a few.

I'm open to talking about cutting again for those who buy lens blanks.
But again @Tnertdog any help describing the material, curve, and mirror/Anti glare finish on the Ice, vs, Active, vs Polar NIRs is extremely helpful to all!

ok, so I finally got my Dillon lenses from the masterful @Chris A Hardaway

The one thing I can say is "these lenses make me want to forceably impregnate a nun"...

Lenses were perfectly cut for my glasses and fit better than OEM...

I'm not going to discuss optics because I don't have an expensive piece of machinery that tells me if they're good or not, but holy hell are they crystal clear...

First person in the U.S. to have this combo and i feel more than amazing...I think Chris may be able to get more technical than me, but I won't even try...

Big shoutout to @Chris A Hardaway for the custom cuts (I have too many of his cuts that I lose track) and @sybiria for sourcing the lenses for us...

REDICULOUS !!!! LOOK AT THESE THINGS !!!

View attachment 250009 View attachment 249996 View attachment 249998 View attachment 250000 View attachment 250001 View attachment 250002 View attachment 250003 View attachment 250004
Ha ha ha..impregnate a nun...lol...classic...dude those shades look straight out of the movie Pitch Black...badass

[...] I cut a set a while back of the Active NIR in Blue, they looked to be polycarbonate instead of the CR-39 Hard Resin Plastic that's in the Polarized NIR. Is that true?
[...]

Trent's post seems to say that both Active NIR and ICE are still CR-39 plastic:
You guys are free to purchase direct from Dillon Optics the following:
Active (AC) and ICE plano lenses (6 base, non-pol, CR-39) [...]

Hopefully, polycarbonate versions are under development?
A polycarbonate lens could be made to meet higher ANSI safety standards than the CR-39 lenses, too.

Just jumping on this - they're selling blanks?

What's the approximate costs of blanks and a cut? I'd be really interested in getting a Sliver set made. I think that's the only 6-base I wear enough to do so.

Just jumping on this - they're selling blanks?

What's the approximate costs of blanks and a cut? I'd be really interested in getting a Sliver set made. I think that's the only 6-base I wear enough to do so.
I think the base 6 blanks were quoted at $100 excluding shipping and cutting by @Chris A Hardaway

Guys, just putting this out there - the blanks that they're selling are not the same lenses that you see me and @X-Metal Beast wearing...

Trent understands that the blanks they're selling are not the lenses we want 100%...

The lenses that Beast and I have are NIR lenses and the only way to get your hands on them is to buy the entire frame direct from Dillon or find a pair on eBay...

If you buy a blank and are unhappy with the "matteness", then don't say I didn't already warn you...the blanks have a "little" matte to them, but they're still pretty shiny...

Don't form judgements on Dillon from the blanks because they're not the popular lenses that Beast and I have...

Yes. No one buy them until they give us what we want
In their defense, it's a step in the right direction...

It opens the door for future business...

I'm sure Lux is already trying to knock down their door to get their tech, but the owner knows he's sitting on a gold mine...

Latest Posts

Back