• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley and Dillon Collaboration

Just had an awesome conversation with @Tnertdog

We discussed Dillon history and some exciting products that are forthcoming...

He's here to help with any Dillon related questions and understands that he shouldn't be actively trying to push sales without being a "sponsor", so there shouldn't be any more misunderstandings...

I'm geeked for what Dillon has to offer now and in the future...

Welcome aboard, Trent :)

You guys are free to purchase direct from Dillon Optics the following: Active (AC) and ICE plano lenses (6 base, non-pol, CR-39) direct. [...]
Can you post any pictures of the Active or ICE lenses next to polarized NIR lenses for reference? The Active lenses seem to come in different colors than the NIR, and I'm told that they appear less matte than the NIR, although I haven't seen them in person. What are the ICE lenses? I don't see them mentioned on the website.

Can you post any pictures of the Active or ICE lenses next to polarized NIR lenses for reference? The Active lenses seem to come in different colors than the NIR, and I'm told that they appear less matte than the NIR, although I haven't seen them in person. What are the ICE lenses? I don't see them mentioned on the website.
The active is the non-polarized lenses on our site. I can try to take some pics of the ice and PM you with them by Monday.

I need those black matte ones. Polarized if possible.
Then I guess I'll have to see if it goes best in an R1, XS or XX.

I also just spoke to @Tnertdog and we had a great conversation. As @Litos said, he is here to help and clarify any questions. Below is a link of the lenses that they will sell, which have base curve of 6, but although these lenses have some matte in them, they are not as matte as the NIR polarized. At least he has opened a line of communication and maybe in the future we might be able to get the NIR polarized with base curve 8.

**NEW** Active NIR Non-Polarized
Sounds good. I guess I can wait until what I want is available.

This is how I look at all things, when what I want is not available at this time...

It's either they want some of my money...or none of my money. Their choice.

Sounds good. I guess I can wait until what I want is available.

This is how I look at all things, when what I want is not available at this time...

It's either they want some of my money...or none of my money. Their choice.
That's exactly what I told him lol

The NIR is the money maker, so not many people will want the Actives, as they are "regular" colored mirror lenses that we already have...

While I was on the phone with him, I started chanting NIR NIR NIR NIR !!!, like I was at a rally hahaha !!! (Just kidding, but you know what I mean) ;)

Latest Posts

Back