• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Black iridium vs Prizm Black

Black Iridium is a standard black tinted dark lenses with iridium (reflective) coating. Prizm Black is similar in that it's a black dark tinted lens but the Prizm technology is meant to enhance color which is typically drowned out by darker lenses, and increase contrast.
Hello Expert, Can you guide me on this?-
Does the Prizm Black Polarised and the Black Iridium Polarised have the same Tint and Flashiness?? I am going to buy a Pair of Oakley sunglasses but I don't know much about the tint colour and Flashiness of the 2 Black. Can you tell me? Thanks in advance

Does the Prizm Black Polarised have the same tint with the Black iridium Polarised?

@Akshi
No, while wearing a pair of Oakley’s with Prizm Black Polarized lenses, in light you’ll see a slight peach/pinkish hue. This gives you higher level of clarity even in the dark. All the same my favorite lens color is Black, and I’ve primarily got Black Iridium, Black Polarized, and Prizm Black Polarized lenses.

gif_20190612_210447.gif

interesting.....question 1
prizm black vs prism grey? Which is nicer to look thru and better contrast?

and
prizm black vs prism black polarized??? My dilema is i want the straightback with matte frame and they only come in black or grey prizm- while the prizm black polarized only comes on the polished black frame which i dont think looks as nice as the matter. what do you all think?? The prism p/polished is actually like 15.00 or so less then the matte and both are new from diff sellers.

interesting.....question 1
prizm black vs prism grey? Which is nicer to look thru and better contrast?

and
prizm black vs prism black polarized?

Prizm Black and Prizm Grey are essentially the same lens, from a user perspective. Grey lets a bit more light through, and Black has the reflective Iridium coating to give the outside a mirror look. I wouldn't say one provides better contrast over the other, it's down to aesthetics.

Polarized vs non is a largely overblown difference. Polarized reduces glare, full stop. That's all it does. It does not make the lens "better", or "safer", both provide the same level of UV protection. If there isn't glare, polarization does nothing, and can occasionally make odd colour patterns on some surfaces. Polarization should be thought of as a tool, for a specific task. If that task is not relevant, or inappropriate, polarization is not worth carrying around or investing in. Like any other company, Oakley will happily charge you extra for a feature you don't use.

I tend to wear non-polarized lenses because they are more versatile. If I know I will be out in a lot of sun and glare, I have at least one polarized lens available, but only because I often have the luxury of choice. It is not the end of the world if you find yourself experiencing glare, and aren't wearing polarized lenses, and vice versa.

thanx....i have the straightback matte brown with tungstan polarized and like looking thru them . the prism black and prism p has a mirror type outside look? so cant see eyes i guess..where as the prism grey doesnt and maybe you casn see the eyes thru lens?

Back