• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley.com waits 1 year to charge my AMEX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerk

Oakley Beginner
Around the same period last year, I ordered sunglasses, lenses and accessories in different orders from Oakley.com. I received everything, very happy, didn't return anything.

However, when I consult my AMEX statement, I see the charges are only appearing now. For example, one purchase of $209 was ordered on April 24, 2015, shipped out on April 28, 2015, but is charged to my AMEX on April 26, 2016. Well, the AMEX statement actually shows a "charge date" of April 29, 2015, and a "processing date" of April 26, 2016. While this may indicate that it is actually AMEX that caused the delay, I do note that I never experienced any "1 year delays" for my orders from other stores, this only happens with Oakley.com.

While I don't dispute the charges, I am not able to verify in any way if Oakley already charged me back in April 2015 for this order. I don't have the paper statements anymore (yes, I know I'd better keep them) and my online statement doesn't go that far back. Note I'm on a corporate AMEX program and I don't have the same interface as the usual customer interface, I get an older and more limited version.

I will call AMEX tomorrow and ask them to check if Oakley charged me last year for what they are charging now. But I just wanted to check here if any of you had these weird delays happening as well?

Tyler

Never had this happen before. Keep us up to date on what they say tomorrow. I would like to know if they charged you back in the 2015 and if you paid. This is very interesting.
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back