• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Fast Jacket XL's on the way.:)

Darkmatter

Oakley Beginner
Well...after sporting my Oakley Radar XL's for about a year and a half I thought it was time for a change. I did a blind buy as there are no Oakley stores anywhere near where I live. I decided to order the Fast Jacket XL's in Polished black with the polarized black iridium lens. I notice these also come with the P42 Iridium lens which I know nothing about nor have I seen that color in person. I ordered from Oakley so it is cool that I can send them back I do not like them. I thought I would be receiving this morning but forgot that with UPS Saturday does not count as a business day like with USPS and I ordered mine on Friday morning UPS 2nd day air. So tomorrow I should have them and am very excited about receiving them. I have tried on a pair of the regular size Fast Jackets and everything was perfect except for the fact that the lens were a little too small for my face...so finding out that they now have a larger version of the lens is awesome.:) I had to go with Polarized as that is all I like to wear. That definately jacked the price up quite a bit right under $300.00 but if I like these then $280.00 (plus $10.00 for shipping) is well worth it for me. Anyone try out this P42 Iridium color? I am guessing this is perhaps for Golf? If so that will be perfect because I use my Sport style Oakley's for pretty much 99% golf.
I'll have some pictures up tomorrow soon after I receive them. I really hope I end up liking these.

Just would like to add that I have owned other high end sport shades in the past and so far nothing can compete with Oakley as far as how well they work, how comfortable and durable they are, and how rich they look as well. I also recently purchased a pair of Oakley Eyepatch 2's in the new steel color with Polarized black iridium lens that I wear mainly as my casual walking around glasses and again these are amazing. These are definately a large pair of sunglasses but I have a big enough melon to pull them off...they fit me like a glove.:cool:

Bummer...finally got my tracking back from UPS and will not be receiving tomorrow morning but the morning after. This is torture! I cannot wait to see how these will fit my larger melon head. If I do end up liking them I would like a bluish tint lens that are polarized as a secondary lens to wear with the fast jackets as I love blue. I have some Radars with the blue iridium but to me the blue on those is way too exaggerated. I am looking for something more subtle. The polarized G30 Iridium's perhaps? I am only going by pictures and judging by the pictures (which we all know is accurate...insert sarcasm) the Polarized G30 Iridium's look beautiful. Here is a picture and if anyone knows please tell me if they are similar to this color in person:
FEA71CDB-0624-4F78-A250-9DC3BF1949BE-2314-000003273751E468.jpg

they have a pinkish/persimmion color when viewed from the front but at an angle they look awesome i have 2 g30 lenses 1 for my jawbone 1 for my Radarlock

they have a pinkish/persimmion color when viewed from the front but at an angle they look awesome i have 2 g30 lenses 1 for my jawbone 1 for my Radarlock

Thanks for the reply I think I am going to order those for a second pair of lens to wear with my Fast Jacket XL's Well, I received the Oakley Fast Jacket XL's in Polished Black/Black Iridium Polarized lens and the putrid ugly looking P42 Iridium lens early yesterday Morning.:cool: I believe the P42's were meant for Golf perhaps? I have not tried these on the golf course yet but these Oakley's are absolutely beautiful! I was worried that they would be too small for my larger head but they fit like a glove. If they were any smaller they would not work. These sculpt to my face almost as if I had paid Oalkley to design these for my face personally.:) I do not even feel like I am wearing sunglasses while wearing them as they are so light...easily the lightest Oakley's I have ever owned. I have owned many Oakley's just not too many sport shades. I love my Eyepatch 2's and those will always be my favorites but for a solid pair of sport style Oakley's the higher price of these polarized Fast Jacket XL's were worth every penny. The quick switch out mechanism works flawlessly and securely keeps the lens in place. They have a rich look to them and I like how they do not exactly scream out "look at me!" they do however still get noticed as they are cool and sleek looking...I did get a couple of stares at a Chili's restaurant as I went to go sit at the bar and I still had these on my face for a little while before I took them off. The Fast Jacket XL's have a very clean look to them. They fit nice and flat on my face and they do not move. IMO I like these much more than the Flak Jacket xlj but this is because these fit my face better. Man I love Oakley's and buying them can be a bad habit as this is a very easy way to rape your bank account,;) Oakley definately makes the best sport shades, the comfort is out of this world and the styling is very hard to beat...not too mention the best polarized lens my eyes have ever looked through...it is cool that I can wear these while biking, playing Golf...or simply for just walking around town for casual wear as these look cool being worn with anything. Here are a few pictures I took of the FastJacket XL's as soon as I received them...notice how I still had not removed the sticker off of the left lens:
C1BADABE-92BA-438B-A466-E74F3981A698-3725-000004B0D3E1AE53.jpg
A1910581-C4BF-414F-AB56-4CD91AE76C31-3725-000004B0DF0F99EA.jpg
D87D6E8A-49D0-48E3-BA39-E6F28CB15D06-3725-000004B0E6008003.jpg
As soon as I receive both the Oakley Radarlock frame and lens I will be sure to snap a few photos of those as well. When I work up the guts I will post a few pictures of the Oakley's on my bigger face just to show how these smaller sport related shades fit perfect...so for all guys out there with larger heads...do not lose hope, again these particular Oakley's fit larger heads/faces just fine.:)

I got so excited about having these sunglasses that I went ahead and ordered some of the newer "RadarLock" frames in the amazingly cool "Matte Heather Grey" color. From what I have seen on the Internet these to me appear to have the best color combination I have ever seen from Oakley. I like my Oakley Shades to have that "low key" almost military look to the color and again the Matte Heather Grey appears to be spot on for what I am looking for. Next Month when I get paid I am going to put some Radarlock specific Path lens in the Black Iridium Polarized color to put in them. The lens alone are $130.00 from Oakley's website,lol...but I have owned several older version Radar XL's which fit me perfect but this time around I am looking for a smaller lens and I really prefer Matte colored frames as I like how low key the Matte color comes off on Oakley's. So this way I will have my FastJacket XL's and Radarlock Oakley's that I can choose from depending on my mood on any particular day...and of course my beloved Eyepatch 2's when I am in the mood to stand out more.:cool:

I love mine but my puppy bit the earstems so they have some nite marks im thinking of buying a new pair to replace them and use my current fast jaclets the dog bit as beater pair.

I got so excited about having these sunglasses that I went ahead and ordered some of the newer "RadarLock" frames in the amazingly cool "Matte Heather Grey" color. From what I have seen on the Internet these to me appear to have the best color combination I have ever seen from Oakley. I like my Oakley Shades to have that "low key" almost military look to the color and again the Matte Heather Grey appears to be spot on for what I am looking for. Next Month when I get paid I am going to put some Radarlock specific Path lens in the Black Iridium Polarized color to put in them. The lens alone are $130.00 from Oakley's website,lol...but I have owned several older version Radar XL's which fit me perfect but this time around I am looking for a smaller lens and I really prefer Matte colored frames as I like how low key the Matte color comes off on Oakley's. So this way I will have my FastJacket XL's and Radarlock Oakley's that I can choose from depending on my mood on any particular day...and of course my beloved Eyepatch 2's when I am in the mood to stand out more.:cool:
I have Heather grey w/Jade and g30 they look amazing with jade... photobucket-23350-1357337139153.jpg

I have Heather grey w/Jade and g30 they look amazing with jade... photobucket-23350-1357337139153.jpg

Those are pretty stunning.:) I just ordered the path version lens for the same color Radarlock's only in Black Iridium Polarized. This is my favorite color and honestly I will not be biking anytime soon so these will be another pair of casual walking around sunglasses for now. I would have gotten the Pitch lens but they do not offer the black iridium in polarized and to me the Path's just seem to really make the Radarlock's look a little more fresh.:) I have high cheekbones (I guess they are right under my eyes,lol) so the smaller curve of the Paths's should not be a problem and if they are I can always send them back for the Pitch lens.

Back