• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Jade PRIZM replacement

Maciej

Oakley Beginner
I just ordered and got my replacement lens for Airbrakes - Jade PRIZM. I took the old lens and the new one, looked at the surrounding and noticed that they do not generate the same "image". New one seems to be slightly darker than the original one... What can be possibly happening?

By that you mean that there are slight variations in light transmission or perceived image in different lenses, even being the same model?

I cleaned the other one quite a few times (front of lens) with a micro-fibre cloth, could that have had any impact?

Attached a file for comparison - first one (old) seems to be more green in the reflection and other one (new one) more purple

DSC_1142.JPG

Iridium does vary a bit from batch to batch it seems. It is easier to see with colored iridium finishes imho.

Jade is a metallic green as opposed to black iridium which doesn't have a "color" and differences in black iridium are therefore (imho) harder to see.

The other mid brightness Prizms (torch and sapphire) have a different base than Jade had so another possibility is that Oakley has changed Jade's base as well without updating their info.

Latest Posts

Back