• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Is there supposed to be numbers, letters and a faint logo in the middle of my vision on my sunglasses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, why did you turn into an aggressive jerk? I simply pointed out that 8 year old lenses on Flaks, which are PROGRESSIVE lenses, btw, do not have this stamped into the area of vision at all. Sorry if that runs counter to your experience, but don't take it so personal.
Yeah, I was surprised at his aggressive reply, too. Guess he's a fan o' the stamp. lol

Always had good dealings with Hardaway. Maybe he misread your post.

I see where it is on the lens and I am trying to figure out what direction your eyes face. Yo me it looks to be out of the field of vision unless you are holding your head straight and looking beside you. I am asking this because in the initial post you said this mark was in the middle of your vision.
Replace "middle" with "field". My lack of being succinct in the OP.

If these were placed completely outside the field of vision, and did not cause the outside surface of the lens to appear distorted or warped, then I would not care, but I paid thousands and thousands of dollars for cataract lens surgery and then retinal surgery, then thousands more for the removal of floaters. So, I'm very sensitive to anything now that clouds any part of my vision. If this is the standard for Oakley, and I don't believe putting this in the field of view is, then I will simply buy something else. When I contact them, today, I'll have a better idea of my next steps.

Here the Makers Mark on my Zeiss Progressive in my O3 frame
The mark is on both lenses at the same position.

IMG_7808.jpeg

IMG_7799.jpeg

Last edited:
Here the Makers Mark on my Zeiss Progressive in my O3 frame
The mark is on both lenses at the same position.
If that were the case on mine, I would not likely care, since that is out of the field of vision, but this illustrates where your logos are relative to where mine are (not the same frame as yours, just as an example based on your images)
Example.JPG

If that were the case on mine, I would not likely care, since that is out of the field of vision, but this illustrates where your logos are relative to where mine are (not the same frame as yours, just as an example based on your images)
View attachment 1108046
I have a set of Oakley 24K with the same RX in my Half Jacket 2.0. I never noticed the mark.
But If you are sensitive to the mark you will never be happy with it.

Dude, why did you turn into an aggressive jerk? I simply pointed out that 8 year old lenses on Flaks, which are PROGRESSIVE lenses, btw, do not have this stamped into the area of vision at all. Sorry if that runs counter to your experience, but don't take it so personal.
This guy! :ban:

yeah, this seems ******* insane.
putting a manufactures mark right in the field of vision... why the hell can't it be placed near the bottom
It's about 45 degrees off to the side on either side. Every progressive in the world has this. In 23 years I've never seen a single pair without the engravings. It's actually 4mm below the line of sight and 17.5mm off to the left and 17.5mm off to the right.

This provides necessary information for a doctor or optician to verify the accuracy of your glasses. Without it we couldn't verify if your RX was correct with today's technology.

I'm not offended. Just giving yall information. Why would I care? I don't work for Luxottica, i don't work for Oakley forum, and i don't work for Oakley.

But ya, nearsighted people can see them. Far sighted people will need readers to see them. But they are there.

Do you have examples of this in other lenses? This seems pretty prominent to me and I’m not convinced this customer is really being difficult. Could this one be stamped a little worse than typical?
my wife wears progressive lenses and I’m gonna check them out to look for this. Or, is this only on wrapped frames?
Some progressive lenses have the markings in the "mold" this was the old traditional way of them being made. The mold would slowly wear over time and the markings would diminish batch after batch. Like "dies" for making coins needing to be replaced. But all digital lenses now aren't made in molds.. the new digital lenses (since about 2007) have the markings engraved on the backside. So sure, it could vary. But it's intended to be there. So the variance is when they are light and you can't hardly see them. The norm is they are visible for verification.

Replace "middle" with "field". My lack of being succinct in the OP.

If these were placed completely outside the field of vision, and did not cause the outside surface of the lens to appear distorted or warped, then I would not care, but I paid thousands and thousands of dollars for cataract lens surgery and then retinal surgery, then thousands more for the removal of floaters. So, I'm very sensitive to anything now that clouds any part of my vision. If this is the standard for Oakley, and I don't believe putting this in the field of view is, then I will simply buy something else. When I contact them, today, I'll have a better idea of my next steps.
As previously mentioned please do yourself a favor and adapt to engravings / markings on progressives. Wear single vision or lined glasses instead. Or cross your fingers they accidently make the engravings lighter in the next set. But remember all progressive lenses have this and they are necessary to verify the alignment of your "no line"lenses.
I'm sorry to hear about your eye issues. Nothing worse in life then things like that going wrong. And the costs associated. I'm just here to say it's normal as someone asked. I'm not a jerk because you don't like my opinion or professional judgements. I just gave you the information I thought was asked of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back