• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Magnesium M Frame Question

Gobuckeyes02

Oakley Beginner
261CD16A-7527-48F0-9225-8344755A8405.jpeg 782EFC51-834D-4621-A0E7-56F70E468040.jpeg 9DC55858-96AE-4563-87E8-F5553B78B4A4.jpeg ABB18EFE-DBB2-4D01-9BC9-A6AEA83E691B.jpeg D972EE3E-0C03-4FE6-A6D4-B70DC85867C3.jpeg 8B50E0C0-750D-40C3-B7F9-F0FB712293FD.jpeg Hello. I have been wearing Oakley sunglasses for many years and stumbled across the magnesium M Frame and have been wanting to purchase a pair. I ended up buying a pair and I now have a question that I can’t seem to find the answer to by searching the internet. The people here seem pretty knowledgeable and I thought maybe could help. I received my magnesium m frames in the mail and they do not say magnesium on the lens. I am hoping they are not a fake as they were advertised as being guaranteed to be authentic Oakley. I was hoping someone here could answer my question. Do all magnesium m frames have “magnesium” etched on the lens.

365A6932-C2E4-4729-A016-D0D3838A271C.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 425272 View attachment 425273 View attachment 425274 View attachment 425275 View attachment 425277 View attachment 425278 Hello. I have been wearing Oakley sunglasses for many years and stumbled across the magnesium M Frame and have been wanting to purchase a pair. I ended up buying a pair and I now have a question that I can’t seem to find the answer to by searching the internet. The people here seem pretty knowledgeable and I thought maybe could help. I received my magnesium m frames in the mail and they do not say magnesium on the lens. I am hoping they are not a fake as they were advertised as being guaranteed to be authentic Oakley. I was hoping someone here could answer my question. Do all magnesium m frames have “magnesium” etched on the lens.

View attachment 425271

I doubt anyone would fake a Mag M-Frame. But I don’t know about the lens.

Do you know...Do some of them not have “Magnesium” etched on the lens? I didn’t notice that until they were delivered and I don’t want to bring it to the seller’s attention unless there really is a problem.

Do you know...Do some of them not have “Magnesium” etched on the lens? I didn’t notice that until they were delivered and I don’t want to bring it to the seller’s attention unless there really is a problem.
Most don't have "magnesium" etched on the lens. At least, not the ones I've seen.

I have never seen one in person so I don’t know. Just doesn’t look like a frame that would be faked. They are in very nice shape by the way!!

Thank you. I was happy with the condition no doubt. I just noticed online that the lens on others seemed to have “magnesium” etched on them.

That pair looks legit.

Magnesium was etched onto the lenses of stock pairs. Replacement lenses did not have etching. So if your pair lacks etching, it is most likely that the original lens was replaced.

I did see a few pictures online where there wasn’t the etching so I thought it may be possible. I wonder why they didn’t put it on the replacement lenses.

My favorite ones are the plasma with fire iridium lens. When I saw the condition of these though I couldn’t pass them up.

Replacement lenses are made by several manufacturers and they aren't going to go through the steps of et hinge or engraving the lenses if they don't have too. You can probably send Oakley an email for further info. If all the lenses that are for sure made by Oakley have this on the lenses, than it would be a safe bet that yours are aftermarket lenses. This isn't always a bad thing, some aftermarket are junk and some make quality lenses. This doesn't mean the frames aren't genuine Oakley. Hope this helps.
NCH

Back