• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley photochromic lens questions

Tom.

Europe
The lens that gets talked the least about here on the forum has to be the oakley photochromic , anyone have experience with these lenses, the newer ones i mean, that is, have they changed at all since the first were introduced? the technology?

is it true the effect only last a couple of years?

and do they work indoors..... i know the first photochromic lenses from rudy project did not, but with the second generation of lenses introduced a few years back, they do turn a tad dark indoor , meaning they respond to UV light even though windows, what is the deal with oakley photochromic lenses in that regard ,

I’ve had a photochromic lens for a few years and it still works great to me!

but as for them tinting indoors it just depends on how much light gets letin your house.
Typically car windows are tinted or have standard UV protection on the windows which doesn’t allow the lens to get dark. So since a house usually doesn’t THATS why it can darken. Mine don’t get very dark at all indoors.

unless I stare out the window

I think the speed is going to depend on how much UV light is hitting it. There is next to no intended uv light indoors especially with led bulbs.

You can always hit it with a uv flash light to see how fast it would change in the most intense level of uv you'd expect to have outside.

Latest Posts

Back