• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley PLATE lenses

Lens purchased NOS; now waiting for them, thank to you all.
Then I will have to take the frames off from their sealed plastic bag to install lenses and this is a bit disturbing :)

Lens purchased NOS; now waiting for them, thank to you all.
Then I will have to take the frames off from their sealed plastic bag to install lenses and this is a bit disturbing :)

Congratulations, my friend.

Some quality and rare items pop up on here now and again and you got super lucky!

Installing them is very easy.

You won’t need to remove any of the “Plates”, you just need to be confident and install the nose end of the Lenses first, gentle manipulate them into place and then “click” them into the interior orbital.

I can attempt to post a video of the procedure, if that will help.

From the inner side I suppose... A video would be great but only if it is not too much trouble for you...
I suggest: I will try when I will receive lenses and in case of problems I will ask for additional info...

Congratulations, my friend.

Some quality and rare items pop up on here now and again and you got super lucky!

Installing them is very easy.

You won’t need to remove any of the “Plates”, you just need to be confident and install the nose end of the Lenses first, gentle manipulate them into place and then “click” them into the interior orbital.

I can attempt to post a video of the procedure, if that will help.
So you don’t remove the lower plate? I always do, but wondered if it made a difference.

Back