• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Polarized Iridium Vs Costa 580 Lenses?

Exactly.

Costa makes a 580P and a 580G. P=polycarbonate and G=glass. The 580G is the one that has extreme clarity simply because its made out of glass. Glass will always be more clear than polycarbonate. Its also more scratch resistant. However, it cant stand up to impact the way polycarbonate does. I have seen several people drop their costas wrong and the lens shatters.

Costa is a local company to me. They are based out of Daytona Beach Florida which is about 40 minutes away. They are extremely popular around here because of tsmhat. All the locals wear them. Literally. @Slojack and i are the only rednecks youll see rocking xmetals around here.
Maui Jim also uses glass IIRC. I freaking love my Maui Jim sunglasses but the impact protection simply isn’t there.

@"TRUMP" you forgot to yell “REVIVAL!!!!!”

@oakleyatheists has 5 posts. He’s been gone since 2015

Anyway I’ll let you all chat about Oakley Vs Costa. Until Costa comes up with some nicer looking frames I couldn’t care less how good their lenses are. They need to hire a former product line engineer from Oakley and get some flavor in those bland ass frames.

Welcome to the couple of new guys @Chunster420 @ItnStln and try a set of Deep Water Prizm or VR28BIP if you want a killer Oakley lens.

@"TRUMP" you forgot to yell “REVIVAL!!!!!”

@oakleyatheists has 5 posts. He’s been gone since 2015

Anyway I’ll let you all chat about Oakley Vs Costa. Until Costa comes up with some nicer looking frames I couldn’t care less how good their lenses are. They need to hire a former product line engineer from Oakley and get some flavor in those bland ass frames.

Welcome to the couple of new guys @Chunster420 @ItnStln and try a set of Deep Water Prizm or VR28BIP if you want a killer Oakley lens.
DWP is my favorite lens, hands down, no questions asked...

DWP is my favorite lens, hands down, no questions asked...

I still love Black Iridium Polarized but DWP Sapphire Polarized and Violet Polarized are all awesome too. Prizm Daily is a little lighter than DWP but doesn’t have the amazing light blue color coating.

DWP is my favorite too. Great all around lens. Sometimes in really bright light they will bother me that’s why I have BIP in waiting!!!!

I still love Black Iridium Polarized but DWP Sapphire Polarized and Violet Polarized are all awesome too. Prizm Daily is a little lighter than DWP but doesn’t have the amazing light blue color coating.

DWP is my favorite too. Great all around lens. Sometimes in really bright light they will bother me that’s why I have BIP in waiting!!!!
Nothing cuts the bright light like BIP. Except maybe Ice Iridium Polarized... But the latter is getting damn hard to find.

Back