• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Prescription lenses tint compared to regular lenses

darthray

Oakley Beginner
Hi all,

I have the Twoface matte black frame with Sapphire Iridium lenses and like it a lot. However, I near-sighted and would like to get the same pair of glasses with prescription lenses. Usually I get my prescription lenses locally but finding prescription lenses for sunglasses have been more difficult. The choices are like 3: grey, green or bronze tint. No mirror finish, only 1 option of AR, etc.

I'm contemplating looking into the official Oakley options for prescription sunglasses lenses. My first question is: how close to the non-prescription would the prescription lenses be? In my case, would the Sapphire Iridium look the same as the non-prescription equivalent (i.e., mirror finish, AR, etc)?

My second question is: are there any places that would sell prescription lenses for my existing Twoface frames?

Thanks!

I would like to know that as well.
Does a Prizm Rx lens look different (both from the outside and/or from the inside) compared to the non Rx version of the lens?

There isn’t any difference at all, I have Rx in damn near everything now from Prizm polarized to Iridium polarized and there isn’t any difference but 100% corrected vision. You will experience a new relality.

Now I can wear some of my Rx inside and there isn’t no need to take them off if adequate light is present but I have darker versions of everything so mine will be different because I do suffer from light sensitivity.

My experience is exactly the same as Scythe's, conventional irridium lenses and prism are identical or certainly within the normal tolerances, whether RX or not. The only time it differs noticeably is with the black irridium transitions, and even then really not a huge difference.

My experience is exactly the same as Scythe's, conventional irridium lenses and prism are identical or certainly within the normal tolerances, whether RX or not. The only time it differs noticeably is with the black irridium transitions, and even then really not a huge difference.
You mean Oakley Photochromatic lenses with Rx?

In which models is that available? any forum member have the complete list?.... list man @cacatman ?

You mean Oakley Photochromatic lenses with Rx?

In which models is that available? any forum member have the complete list?.... list man @cacatman ?
From my experience any lens which is suitable to be RX (for your specific prescription) should or would be available in RX transitions/photochromatic Black Irridum but for whatever reasons (from my experience) they don't go quite as dark when activated or clear when not as non RX ones.

Back