• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Am I being weird about this color combination?

TheLamonster

Oakley Beginner
So I need some new everyday prescription sunglasses. The frame/lens combo decision has been driving me a little crazy. After multiple visits to the huts and the vaults etc, I decided that I like the Prizm Tungsten lens the best, with Prizm Jade slightly behind it. I also decided that I like the Gibston the best, and the Cables slightly behind it. I also really happen to like the color purple, and both of those frames have a purple icon option. So naturally I want to order the Gibston frame with prescription Tungsten lenses, but I’m afraid that the brown lens and purple icon will look weird and ugly together. If I wanted to have it all, I could get the Gibston with a gray icon and Tungsten, plus also get the Cables with Jade. However, that is pretty expensive and you can only wear one pair of sunglasses at a time, and if I liked Tungsten a whole lot why would I ever choose something different?

Obviously Prism Violet would be my number one easy choice, but it is not yet available in prescription. So another option is to get the plain Gibston with Tungsten and wait to get purple Prizm Violet Cables later this year.

OF, am I being weird?

Back