• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

robertwills

Oakley Beginner
Oakley has consistently set the bar higher for sunglasses and lenses over the years. And Oakley Prizm lenses are no different! Plus, with the introduction of Prizm Road lenses, there is finally a purpose-built lens for road sports like running, biking, and driving! Keep reading for our full Oakley Prizm Road review and the top frames you can find this lens in!
For more great Oakleys, check out The Best Oakley Sunglasses of This Year!

What are Prizm Lenses?
Prizm lenses offer contrast-enhancing, enhanced clarity, and glare reduction tailored to your specific environment. Originally Oakley released Prizm lenses designed for specific sports such as Prizm Golf, or Prizm Snow.
But over time, the Prizm lineup has gone way beyond just sports and crossed over into everyday life. And you...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my humble opinion. I usually road bike about 10 hours a week and I live in sunny California. I've been using the prizm road lenses for about two years now. Initially in my pair of jawbones. Prior to that I had been using the positive red iridium polarized in those. I feel that the prizm road is that good of a lens for road biking that I don't even miss having polarized lenses except for cloudy, complete overcast conditions where I still like polarized to see drivers through the reflection of the clouds in their windshields. I think the tint is such that it doesn't overpower what you are seeing, it just enhances it. I liked the lens enough to actually invest in a pair of Oakleys for cycling again for the first time in almost 10 years with a pair of the jawbreakers. The prizm road lens combined with the extra height of the jawbreaker design made it a worthwhile investment for me. The radar ev has that extra height now too and you'll appreciate if you're in a more aero position. So basically, I felt the lens was good enough to invest in whole new pair of glasses just because their performance. I still have issues with Oakley and availability of lens tints for their sport glasses. I still use my other pair of sunglasses for the overcast days simply because Oakley doesn't offer a photochromic polarized lens and also I refuse to buy another frame just to get a lens they don't sell separately. However I've found that the prizm lenses, particularly the daily prizm have a much wider range of light conditions that they seem to be good at. So except for a few rare circumstances, well rare in California, I find the prizm road an almost do it all lens for road biking. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yes I had prism road in an m2. I also had in a Juliet and they are very good. Very bright and clear. Great choice for cycling and running! In my opinion!
You and Doug need to put together a thread about frames and lenses for cycling. It seems to come up quite a bit. And everyone else who has info of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got positive red in my jawbreakers and it's also a great lens for cycling and running! But given the choice between the 2 I'll take prism road all the way. I'm to go to bed maybe tomorrow or something I can give a little more details. @cyclerdoug might have more or better Input than me.

I like Prizm Road for cycling. All I use right now. I've used a set of DWP for cycling once as well, which worked. Maybe it's placebo, but Prizm road makes things pop a bit more, making it easier to see the cracks in and bumps in the road. I was never a fan of Positive Red. I disliked the blue hue it gave off.

As a side note, I have taken my Sapphire Iridium lens out for some rides, and they work really well too. Seems to cut more than the Prizm Road, and is really nice to look through.

Last edited:
I have read about the Prizm Road and it looks like it would be incredible while bicycling or running. Is this true? Can it be worn in bright summer sunlight and still provide glare protection? Is the effect maybe too artificial and therefore a neutral lense would be better? Anyone with experience with these lenses would be helpful. Thanks.
Not in my opinion.

Back