• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Retailers On EBay - Question

My brother in law manages a shop, mark up is usually around 50 percent. Metals at cost is about 40.

This is correct. Keystone prices on retail items are usually 50% and as a whole seller mark up 10% would to be considered a wholesale item. This is a rule of thumb and applies across the board in most marketing situations not just Oakley. So I believe 40% off is the best you will ever get from a contracted dealer.

Most retail industries dont see 50% profits on items.
Take electronics. TVs and Appliances have around 10% margin. Computers even less.

When I was studying business the rule of thumb was if you could make 20% profit you were doing well. Nike's profit margins are ridiculous though, on top of which they sell huge volumes.

I was told brands like Native, Bolle, Smith are much higher margins for retailers.

I got a buddy who ships me any Oakley I want for cost + 10% and I've rarely seen a dealer cost more than half of retail. That would be a markup of 100% (Buy for $50, sell for $100). I guess it's how Sunglass Hut can stay in business selling half a dozen pairs a day. :laugh:

Back