• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley says they will replace my MUZM sub zeros… will they?

Shady Day

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
So the lens on my sapphire MUZM zeros cracked and wrinkled. I sent pics and receipt to Lux and received the response:

Your product is covered under warranty
The offer we have reserved for you is:
Substitution of same product
Send back damaged product with UPS

I wonder how can they replace these when there are none left in stock? I asked via chat customer service and they told me that the message means they will try to replace them with the same glasses but he could not confirm the glasses are in stock but he said they could have some. Maybe.

I don’t want to risk sending these ones back and losing them forever. He did tell me if they can’t replace them with the same then they may offer a substitution or credit but they would not ever send mine back.

He gave me the Oakley warranty email and I sent them an email to ask if they can confirm that they have a pair to send me back or can they send me the Replacement pair first even at a cost until I send mine back.

No answer. They say the offer expires in 10 days so I have like 5 back. What to do? Has anyone been down this path with limited edition or sold out glasses being replaced? The lens sucks but from the outside they don’t look too bad. I could keep them as beaters to wear…

38209663-9647-49DC-AC41-5744D24EFFF8.jpeg

B9FAD057-9EE4-4CC1-A559-BEEA9E7C5436.jpeg

They dont sell them all..... they do set some back for issues. I have a very limited pair that was damaged. They offered 30% off the exact same item. I took it and kept the originals.

They dont sell them all..... they do set some back for issues. I have a very limited pair that was damaged. They offered 30% off the exact same item. I took it and kept the originals.
This is encouraging. How long ago was this and did you have to email them to work it out or did the automated type email / portal system offer it to you at the start?

I ended up using chat to verify the details of the original emails.
Yeah I tried the chat and the rep took a long time and then confirmed they will look to replace them with a new pair. They will look and find a new pair. But still they said there is a chance if they can’t they would offer me something else.

Hi, I don't get it. You fell out of your hammock with these, if I recall correctly? And then you get warranty?
Yeah something like that. I just said the lens had cracked and started to delaminate where the arm connects. They didn’t ask beyond that.

Back