• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Siphon

I like them I will get the scenic gray one for sure.
Even better is it that.
Earsocks are the same.
@SoulFulFrog @Chris A Hardaway
20180922_164027.jpg

Not as of yet

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Got a feeling the early sales numbers aren't encouraging expansion to the colors and lenses. I think Lux went into it with the precaution that it might just pan out like the Fast Jacket, which from what I understand didn't do too great. The Flak appeal is the simplicity and the price that comes with it. Personally I was curious, but pretty much $200 for a Flak with switches doesn't make much sense for me. The fundamental design seems unchanged.

It's not like the Flight Jacket vs. Jawbreaker. Cutting the top for added lens coverage does make a difference for me with cycling, though I also think that price is a little much considering we probably can't swap lenses at all.

lenses look to be a little taller than the Carbon Prime. i like the shape and i like the Scenic Grey frame color. i just ordered one, hopefully i like the frame color as much when i get it in hand.

I looked at one of these up at the store the other day. Might be me but it seemed pretty cheap and flimsy. One of the sales guys said they hadn't sold a pair yet.

I looked at one of these up at the store the other day. Might be me but it seemed pretty cheap and flimsy. One of the sales guys said they hadn't sold a pair yet.

just got mine in the mail and can confirm they do feel... well... i could either say very light and flexible or i could agree with you and call it cheap and flimsy depending on how you look at it.

the scenic gray also looks much different in person. maybe it will pop in the sun more but i just opened the box to check them out and it is dusk here. in pictures online it looks like a granite/dark grey with flake in it. in person it just looks like gloss black for the most part. there is metal flake in it, but you have to look for it. at least that is how it looks indoors or in shade, it might pop more in the sun. i still like it because it reminds me of the Brilliant Black Metallic paint on my Dodge Charger, but it is not like the photos online.

i actually think the lenses look a tad too tall for the frame design on me also. i probably should just sell these and look for a carbon prime anyways. lol. i'll give it a few days to decide if i want to keep them. at least i love the prizm black polar lens and i found this pair for only 135 bucks. i might just use them for work shades. the fact that they are stupid light and flexible does make them comfortable. they are almost as light and flexible as my EVzeros.

i do hate how they print the sku and size on the outside bottom near the temple of the left side ear stem. it's because they have no room to print it on the inside, but having white printing on the outside of a dark frame you can see at some angles is just dumb.

Last edited:
Back