• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Travel Sunglasses?

When traveling by plane, my family goes by the old adage "only bring what you are willing to lose." For me, that's a pair of Fives Squared with Revant Flare Gold lenses. I can wear them all day, and if I lose them, it's not the end of the world. If I'm traveling by car, then I could get a little more risky, but I try to bring glasses in metal vaults.
For that exact reason i did not took any of my X Metals to my trip
Too much of a risk

personally i find smaller frames very handy for travelling, can just throw them on and off quick and easy and they fit in my crossbody bag.

penny
a-wire
square wire 2.0
minute

just to name a few.

Everyone keeps mentioning Pennys…and I LOVE X-Metals…but DANG the prices on them now! 🤯

Square Wires have the benefit of being available now on Oakley SI 😏

Now this is the first mention of Minutes. How flat do they fold?

Thanks for the Intel! 🪖👍

Everyone keeps mentioning Pennys…and I LOVE X-Metals…but DANG the prices on them now! 🤯

Square Wires have the benefit of being available now on Oakley SI 😏

Now this is the first mention of Minutes. How flat do they fold?

Thanks for the Intel! 🪖👍

If you’re looking for something that folds flat…

Maybe the Sliver Case w/ Jordan Wires

20231217_092758.jpg

@Broccoli the Sliver F were the best travel glasses I ever had. Not only do they fold flat, but they came with a sweet small metal case which made them even smaller. They are hard to find now, but worth it if you can snag a pair.

I’m surprised nobody has suggested the frogskins. They fold up pretty flat and aren’t at the high end of the price spectrum.

From a modern wire perspective the Ejectors are probably the flatest folding pair of wires, along with the gauge 6. The Savitars and whiskers would probably be ok, and the square wires and gauge 8’s are not good because they are pretty big even when folded up.

Looks like a Sliver F with its case has jumped to the top of my list for a Travel set. The search begins!

🪖👍

Last edited:
….so what is a fair price for a pair of Sliver F with a case? I’d be in the immediate market for a pair…or three. I’m guessing they are O-Matter and suitable for an @zwc0442 customization?

Back