• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OF Custom of the Month JULY 2020 VOTE now!!!

OF Custom of the Month July 2020

• TheDukeOfIce

Votes: 18 31.6%
  • Nortika

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • MMMFrame

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Rick58

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Scarface

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • oakman1992

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • flippj

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Wavecloud

Votes: 3 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Let me jump in here to end this because clearly the post where I said PM me if you'd like discuss was ignored.

The forum is meant to be a safe, family friendly spot to talk Oakleys, so along those lines we have rules against excessive swearing/disrespectful comments etc. Does some mild profanity occur? Yes - you can think of it like PG-13. I'm not trying to lock down what everyone's saying and police everyone's post but there is a difference between someone using light profanity or the like and the post that the warning was issued on, which to be transparent and end this, I have quoted below:

Original Post: I’m the same as everyone else. Got a couple ignored so the sales threads aren’t a battlefield and one just because he’s a ****in idiot and it hurts my eyes to see the asshattery he spouts off. I used to read his posts and find myself saying “WTF are you even talking about, you’re ****in dumb.”

I stand by that this post is disrespectful and contains a lot of profanity. It's also the type of post that causes a thread to spiral out of control. Some people may say its fine, we're adults, but I've seen more threads on here that spiral into cess pools because people are reading these posts and interpret it different than how someone meant (or at least thats what's said after it blows up). Bottom line, the explitives aren't needed.

That being said, I have nothing against SIRacer and honestly like him - especially this custom contest. I get we all have bad days, get frustrated etc. and sometimes it comes out on posts - this warning wasn't what solely banned him, the points system accumulates, and there were other previous warnings - ultimately this one pushed it over the edge and led to this 48 hour ban. Not the end of the world, it's a break. I am not trying to create any hard feelings, I want him to come back because I know the guy loves Oakleys.

Once again - Please PM if you would like to discuss, otherwise I will lock this thread to preserve it for the contest.

Let me jump in here to end this because clearly the post where I said PM me if you'd like discuss was ignored.

The forum is meant to be a safe, family friendly spot to talk Oakleys, so along those lines we have rules against excessive swearing/disrespectful comments etc. Does some mild profanity occur? Yes - you can think of it like PG-13. I'm not trying to lock down what everyone's saying and police everyone's post but there is a difference between someone using light profanity or the like and the post that the warning was issued on, which to be transparent and end this, I have quoted below:

Original Post: I’m the same as everyone else. Got a couple ignored so the sales threads aren’t a battlefield and one just because he’s a ****in idiot and it hurts my eyes to see the asshattery he spouts off. I used to read his posts and find myself saying “WTF are you even talking about, you’re ****in dumb.”

I stand by that this post is disrespectful and contains a lot of profanity. It's also the type of post that causes a thread to spiral out of control. Some people may say its fine, we're adults, but I've seen more threads on here that spiral into cess pools because people are reading these posts and interpret it different than how someone meant (or at least thats what's said after it blows up). Bottom line, the explitives aren't needed.

That being said, I have nothing against SIRacer and honestly like him - especially this custom contest. I get we all have bad days, get frustrated etc. and sometimes it comes out on posts - this warning wasn't what solely banned him, the points system accumulates, and there were other previous warnings - ultimately this one pushed it over the edge and led to this 48 hour ban. Not the end of the world, it's a break. I am not trying to create any hard feelings, I want him to come back because I know the guy loves Oakleys.

Once again - Please PM if you would like to discuss, otherwise I will lock this thread to preserve it for the contest.
But what if it's true?

Back