• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Official Chit-Chat Thread

wife sent me this article on Monday: https://www.yahoo.com/food/9-foods-smart-eaters-eliminate-from-their-diet-121759379.html

this is pretty much our entire diet :(
Farm raised fish... Nope (I prefer wild anyway)
Margarine... Nope. Only butter in my house
Soda... I've cut back, but Mountain Dew is my cheap caffeine kick since I hate coffee; I detest diet sodas
Processed meat... The boat has sailed on that.
Non organic eggs: Ummmm. Boat has sailed on that. I will continue getting $2 eggs at CVS and Walgreens.
Deli meat: it is Boars Head or bust. Some of that stuff just tastes awful, it is enough to make one not ever another slice of it.
American cheese: I'm not that picky.

Some of the healthier stuff is so expensive, folks just give up.

Last edited:
Farm raised fish... Nope (I prefer wild anyway)
Margarine... Nope. Only butter in my house
Soda... I've cut back, but Mountain Dew is my cheap caffeine kick since I hate coffee; I detest diet sodas
Processed meat... The boat has sailed on that.
Non organic eggs: Ummmm. Boat has sailed on that. I will continue getting $2 eggs at CVS and Walgreens.
Deli meat: it is Boars Head or bust. Some of that stuff just tastes awful, it is enough to make one not ever a slice of it.
American cheese: I'm not that picky.

Some of the healthier stuff is so expensive, folks just give up.
wife told me last night "in order to eat healthy, we'd have to go grocery shopping for fruit twice a week"

picking butter over margarine is like choosing cancer over HIV...

Mountain Dew is poison...

...and I type this as I'm sipping on my Venti Mocha Frappe.....

I want a pig now......

I'd think hard about that one...

That's a pot-bellied pig, a breed of pig originating in Vietnam but close enough genetically to local farm pigs and wild boars to interbreed. Though they are smaller than those local swine, they can still grow up to 200-300 lbs and live 12 - 15 years, and you usually have to trim their hooves and tusks.

They first became a popular pet over here in the '90s, but became a big problem with abandonment, once people realized how large they could grow and how much care they can need...

I'd think hard about that one...

That's a pot-bellied pig, a breed of pig originating in Vietnam but close enough genetically to local farm pigs and wild boars to interbreed. Though they are smaller than those local swine, they can still grow up to 200-300 lbs and live 12 - 15 years, and you usually have to trim their hooves and tusks.

They first became a popular pet over here in the '90s, but became a big problem with abandonment, once people realized how large they could grow and how much care they can need...
As well as how much the eat their food bill can become astronomical.

Latest Posts

Back