• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale Offshoot polarized

U

Username Hidden

IMG_20170915_010903.jpg
IMG_20170825_172226.jpg
IMG_20170825_172247.jpg
IMG_20170825_172305.jpg
IMG_20170825_172347.jpg
IMG_20170825_172404.jpg
IMG_20170825_172201.jpg
Hey, let's see if anybody is interested in this one, I have a pair of Offshoot polarized black crystal frame black iridium lenses for sale. I can't see any scratches, only worn them a few times and bought new. I'll start off the negotiation at $100, any takers? Comes with original box, carbon fiber clamshell case, and original sleeve.

Edited to add, I was having trouble uploading images, let me know if you need to see more. Also I was bothered by what looked like a scratch on the side of the frame next to the O, turns out inside the frame there is a cutout molded area that caught the light in a weird way, it's not a scratch, I'll see if I can add another pic showing it translucent. I'm finding out how incredibly difficult it is to take good pics of sunglasses, lol.

My email is horcrux34@gmail.com or we can text at 407-520-7417.

Last edited:
Some people reacted to this post.
Nobody interested? OK what is wrong with my ad, not even any inquiries on CL either. $80 plus shipping?

It could be that no one is interested in the frame. Try not take it personally.

Username Hidden said:
It could be that no one is interested in the frame. Try not take it personally.

Is that an unpopular frame type or something? I guess tomorrow I'll take some new pics on a white background and put them on ebay. The pics may be too dark when I compare them to the ebay ads.

Username Hidden said:
Is that an unpopular frame type or something? I guess tomorrow I'll take some new pics on a white background and put them on ebay. The pics may be too dark when I compare them to the ebay ads.
One can't go wrong with better pictures.

The frame is made for people with big heads; most don't like giant shield frames The most popular Offshoot was probably the Shaun White pair. I remember the Troy Lee Design pairs... Oakley didn't do much to make the Offshoot (nor its dual lens sister, the Big Taco) popular... but folks with average size faces were not looking at Tacos and Offshoots.

Last edited:
Username Hidden said:
Nobody interested? OK what is wrong with my ad, not even any inquiries on CL either. $80 plus shipping?
Nothing wrong with your sale post. Sometimes folks just aren't interested in a particular frame style for whatever reason at the moment. It'll sell... I can see you've got it listed well. Some things tend to sell very quick some not at all. I've had that experience many times over and honestly it's usually the ones you'd expect the least to sell quick that do.

Trade for the Flaks I have listed for trade?

Username Hidden said:
One can't go wrong with better pictures.

The frame is made for people with big heads; most don't like giant shield frames The most popular Offshoot was probably the Shaun White pair. I remember the Troy Lee Design pairs... Oakley didn't do much to make the Offsoot (nor its dual lens sister, the Big Taco) popular... but folks with average size faces were not looking at Tacos and Offshoots.

Not you in particular, I don't know what type would look good on you, but I do wish more people in general would take the time and spend a couple hours in the sunglass store to actually look at themselves in the mirror with the different types on their face and see what actually fits their faces. I think a lot more would discover that the shield ones fit a lot of faces better than the smaller ones. I know the smaller ones look cooler in the display case, and look great on the model in the picture, but as I discovered, the ones like pit bosses actually didn't really fit my face and head after wearing them for a few minutes, even though they're very cool sunglasses.

Username Hidden said:
Not you in particular, I don't know what type would look good on you, but I do wish more people in general would take the time and spend a couple hours in the sunglass store to actually look at themselves in the mirror with the different types on their face and see what actually fits their faces. I think a lot more would discover that the shield ones fit a lot of faces better than the smaller ones. I know the smaller ones look cooler in the display case, and look great on the model in the picture, but as I discovered, the ones like pit bosses actually didn't really fit my face and head after wearing them for a few minutes, even though they're very cool sunglasses.
I'm the king of gigantic shield sunglasses (at least on this forum lol). Just ask around or check out the Selfie Thread ;)

Take a couple of hours to check stuff out? People don't have time for that. Especially in areas where options are minimal at best... And the stores and spaces are smaller than shoeboxes.

Luxottica isn't high on lifestyle shields and I personally haven't seen many of the other brands branch out much with that either.

And some probably think the shields are douchey as hell. Lol

Sent from Q's S8+

Do the lenses make decent donors?