• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

On The Glass Or Not?

I usually use the microbags! Although I don't think it would damage the glasses, it just feels better to have them resting on the bags.

I use the micro bag under every pair only because I keep each bag for each unit. If however I had a light on my case I would probably not. I have noticed that the bags when covering most of a shelf, block a lot of light on the shelf below it.

The thing I notice is the dust that will settle on the shelves when I don't wear anything from that particular space. That is another thing to consider when leaving a bag on a shelf for a prolonged period of time. Just how much dust will build on it.

Reviving my old thread because I'll be setting up a counter top (I know, not a "real" case, but it will have to do for now) and I'm curious as to what the rest of you do.

So ...

When you're putting your Oaks in a display case and you're not using stands, do you place them directly on the plexi glass shelf, or do you put something underneath them, like a microfiber bag for instance?

I put them directly on the plexiglas glass.

So obviously you keep the bags stashed away somewhere.

So when you wear a pair, do you have the same "go to" bag that you take with you, or do you look for and take the matching bag to the glasses that you are wearing that day?

I put mines on the microbags for protection also for show especially if the bags are printed microbags.

So obviously you keep the bags stashed away somewhere.

So when you wear a pair, do you have the same "go to" bag that you take with you, or do you look for and take the matching bag to the glasses that you are wearing that day?
I have the same 4 or 5 black bags I grab. I keep all the matching bags in the box. I also have extra bags in the cars. My wife also has a couple of extra bags in her purse and I always seem to find them in one of my pockets. But.....I always grab one when I head out the door, even though I know that I have plenty around.

I keep all mine on stands, but if I didn't I'd put it directly on the plexi. In fact, I have a pair arriving today that won't have a stand.

And I tend to have a few go-to bags instead of keeping everything 1:1.

Latest Posts

Back