• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OTT Lens orientation

I've only seen OTT with tabs on outer quadrants just like how Mars are. The only difference is those tabs aren't required on OTT as the frames don't make use of them. If someone wants concrete evidence, they'll need to get hold of blade 2 release and check the etched lens

I've only seen OTT with tabs on outer quadrants just like how Mars are. The only difference is those tabs aren't required on OTT as the frames don't make use of them. If someone wants concrete evidence, they'll need to get hold of blade 2 release and check the etched lens
Now that's a smart cookie right here @jdd32 This haven't come to my mind but I'm sure that it would be hard to convince any hard collector to take lenses out of his precious pair.

Now that's a smart cookie right here @jdd32 This haven't come to my mind but I'm sure that it would be hard to convince any hard collector to take lenses out of his precious pair.
I believe the outer quadrants is the correct location because of how Mars was also designed to be so during that period. It wouldn't make sense otherwise to have 1 kind of lens standard for 1 frame and something else for a different frame. But that's just my theory and as discussed earlier, if it fits, it's good enough in this case.

I believe the outer quadrants is the correct location because of how Mars was also designed to be so during that period. It wouldn't make sense otherwise to have 1 kind of lens standard for 1 frame and something else for a different frame. But that's just my theory and as discussed earlier, if it fits, it's good enough in this case.
Still I'd like those bumps to point nose since mine came that way hehehe. Time period of those 2 frames overlaps yet they are different lenses so who knows if there's any logic in placing those bumps. I'm waiting for @Chris A Hardaway to optically examine OTT lenses ant this should clear the issue I suppose.

@jdd32 I would normally agree with you but after measuring the base in prism put in some oem OTT lenses today I'm only left with two viable options for proper orientation.

Thanks to @Sun & Sand for sending me his beautiful FMJ Black Iridium OTTs to experiment with.

I've attached a picture and believe option #1 is correct. This is because the optics are aligned correctly and the lenses fit snug, but not tight. Plus the elliptical shape works this way. The bumps seem to go nasally, inward! I can't believe it but both orientations for optics are bumps in!

IMG_20160516_152205.jpg

[...] I've attached a picture and believe option #1 is correct. This is because the optics are aligned correctly and the lenses fit snug, but not tight. Plus the elliptical shape works this way. The bumps seem to go nasally, inward! I can't believe it but both orientations for optics are bumps in!

Thanks for the awesome work, @Chris A Hardaway !

It's actually the same conclusion I was leaning toward on page 1, post 1. So the only reason orientation matters is because the base in prism put in each eye would give you fatigue and eye strain if not aligned properly.

Option #2 is how I got mine when I bought them. Never even thought they might've been installed otherwise. So what now Mr. Butcher :D? When are those plaintiffs going to be slaughtered :D?

I ordered the Emerald plaintiff lenses on Oakley.com several days ago and they haven't even shipped yet! Thank you free shipping... Not. But I'm in California, so I should be expecting my first couple pair here soon! I need to do my research on where I can land fire lenses too :) stay tuned. They will go up for sale... duh.

Back