• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

PB 2 or Juliet?

The Collector

Oakley Beginner
USA
A friend of mine is offering to trade me a Juliet in fair condition with light scratches for my NIB Pit Boss 2 Root Beer/Tungsten. I do own some Juliets, but I only have one Pit Boss. Is this a good trade? What would you do?

Thank you brothers for the advice like always!

A friend of mine is offering to trade me a Juliet in fair condition with light scratches for my NIB Pit Boss 2 Root Beer/Tungsten. I do own some Juliets, but I only have one Pit Boss. Is this a good trade? What would you do?

Thank you brothers for the advice like always!
Would you prefer a pair that will last forever and only need repairs? Or would you prefer a pair that the only thing you'll be able to fix is the lenses and once the frame is done it's done?

I would go with the Juliet because even though it's in fair condition it can be made new again and again

As it stands now the PB2 has more value in their current condition vs the Juliet in its condition. Long term the Juliet will be a better pair to hold as Frank mentioned.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

The PB2 value varies from person to person. My vote is for the Juliet reguardless of type. As long as it's in good condition and there is no dents or cracks they last much much much longer than an o matter frame. You can find replacement parts for just about anything on a Juliet. I've yet to see replacements for the PB2 ear socks/ ear slides.

IIRC the RB PB2 is the least valued of all the PBs. Near the end there was a bunch of them that hit the market on clearance around $200 (or maybe $250?) NIB and that devalued them on average.

But I think your friend might be getting the slight advantage in the trade from a value perspective, though not necessarily unfairly. Personally I wouldn't look at it as straight value vs. value, instead as which pair appeals to me more.

IIRC the RB PB2 is the least valued of all the PBs. Near the end there was a bunch of them that hit the market on clearance around $200 (or maybe $250?) NIB and that devalued them on average.

But I think your friend might be getting the slight advantage in the trade from a value perspective, though not necessarily unfairly. Personally I wouldn't look at it as straight value vs. value, instead as which pair appeals to me more.
I saw some sites that clearanced it out at the $250 price point.

I'd probably go with this trade if you prefer a metal. The PB2 is a step down from its predecessor, IMO. Just a matter of preference.

Sent from Q's Note5

Thank you everyone. It's true, I feel like the PB2 isn't in the same league as the PB1, that's what makes me want to trade. But, there is a condition factor, mine are like new w/box and his Juliet's are a little loose with light scratches. Like Kronin said, I think he might be getting a little more of an advantage in the trade. Also, I only have one PB2, but like everyone, I respect the X-Metal and they hold their value much longer.

Man, this is tough. My friend also said, if I want instead, just sell the PB2 to him. But, not sure how much to ask. Lol

Thank you again everyone for the great and much appreciated advice.