• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My first ever pair of XX!!! 😎

Dukeman24

Oakley Enthusiast
FINALLY I have a pair of XX!!! I got these from @nicosauve1 and I couldn't be happier with them! I've ALWAYS wanted a pair of these and the extra coverage is awesome (as are the hammerstems)!!

I originally planned on getting these frames and sending them to the X-man and having him do the darker XM finish....but I actually love the Ti02 style, and I suppose keeping the Gen 2 serial frames original is best! I did order some smaller nosepads for XX, as I THINK these came with the larger ones?? If you guys think they're the regular size let me know! Lol

I finally have 2 different styles of X-metals now! (Only owned Juliets and Badman if those count lolol)
20231101_120857.jpg

Screenshot_20231101_120737_Gallery.jpg

IMG_20231031_155812_01.jpg

20231031_102305.jpg

Are those other pair, Fire Iridium, or Ruby: the only reason I ask, is because I know, some batches of Fire, lent more towards Ruby, including the purple hue?

Are those other pair, Fire Iridium, or Ruby: the only reason I ask, is because I know, some batches of Fire, lent more towards Ruby, including the purple hue?
Neither lol....those are actually Revant Midnight/Sun....they're pretty dang close to OEM ruby... I love them....I had a set of Midnight/Sun in 2017 or 18, and I KNOW they changed something

Neither lol....those are actually Revant Midnight/Sun....they're pretty dang close to OEM ruby... I love them....I had a set of Midnight/Sun in 2017 or 18, and I KNOW they changed something
I thought maybe a weak Ruby, or Fire which the purple in it.

Virtually all companies (including Oakley) end up with variations in their lens colors and coatings. They are at the mercy of the manufacturers of the lens blanks. It just comes with the territory in the manufacturing world.

Nice XX! Here's to many more to come! :cool:

Back