• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pit Boss Question . . .

hmmmm
maybe i will find a cheap F&%$ed-up pair some day and can play with that . . .

I took an orbital off, they are just glued on snap fittings. The orbital also uses the Hexalobular (generic term for Torx) bolt, but the stems are just snap on so I didn't really want to mess with those. However it does move ever so slightly now, so I would not recommend it.

The bolts and all that jazz have nothing to do with the lenses, they are just snap in like any other o matter frame.

Once you snap them off and onto another frame could you not just use a bit off contact glue to make them tight?

That's what I basically did, but they are still not completely tight. I think they were not ever designed to come off, so it does damage the plastic a little.

I took an orbital off, they are just glued on snap fittings. The orbital also uses the Hexalobular (generic term for Torx) bolt, but the stems are just snap on so I didn't really want to mess with those. However it does move ever so slightly now, so I would not recommend it.

The bolts and all that jazz have nothing to do with the lenses, they are just snap in like any other o matter frame.

according to Oakley the orbital screws are NOT the Hexalobular...its the nubs or whatever they are in the back of the frame....each is referred to distinctively....see link, 3/4 down

Oakley Pit Boss Sunglasses - Official Oakley Site

according to Oakley the orbital screws are NOT the Hexalobular...its the nubs or whatever they are in the back of the frame....each is referred to distinctively....see link, 3/4 down

I see what your saying, but that also makes no sense,

"Torx (pronounced "torks") developedby Camcar Textron,[1] is the trademark for a type of screw head characterized by a 6-point star-shaped pattern. People who are unfamiliar with the trademark generally use the term star, as in star screwdriver or star bits. The generic name is hexalobular internal driving feature and is standardized by the International Organization for Standardization as ISO 10664."

It looks like what oakley is refering to as "Hexalobular" bolts are the pieces that the plates attach to. Why they are calling them that I have no idea, but the orbital bolt is in fact a Hexalobular bolt regardless of what Oakley wants to call it. I think either their marketing department got confused, or perhaps they are star shaped (I don't recall) and decided to call them Hexalobular becasue it sounds impressive.

Back