• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Plastic Hinge Repair

kjcolumbo

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Not sure if this is the right area, but it's kinda modding I guess.

Any idea if this is repairable? The little nub that locks the hinge in place broke off.

s-l1600.jpg

I think other people have built it up a new nub with super glue. takes patience but doable. Not sure of other option outside of maybe putting a small eyeglass screw in there?

Not sure if this is the right area, but it's kinda modding I guess.

Any idea if this is repairable? The little nub that locks the hinge in place broke off.

View attachment 836463

the other way to go is to drill out the nub and put a tiny metal pin in its place, cover it with JBWeld, paint and clear coat. Super durable, just like the original. Get the height and thickness just right though or you break the arm.

Thanks everyone! I ended up passing on these for a haul of Safe House's, but this is good to know. I have a lot of Frogs in my collection that have a similar hinge that I know I'm going to snap one of these nubs someday. I hope this helps others that run into the issue in the future.

BTW, @Wavecloud, I love those Racing Jackets in your avatar. I have a pair of Bengals that I haven't worn in years, but might need to bring them out of retirement for some select rides this year.

Thanks everyone! I ended up passing on these for a haul of Safe House's, but this is good to know. I have a lot of Frogs in my collection that have a similar hinge that I know I'm going to snap one of these nubs someday. I hope this helps others that run into the issue in the future.

BTW, @Wavecloud, I love those Racing Jackets in your avatar. I have a pair of Bengals that I haven't worn in years, but might need to bring them out of retirement for some select rides this year.
Safehouse haul? :D

Latest Posts

Back