• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

First Case - Need Experts Help

I believe they are still making some of those hinges. The riveted screws you will have to custom make, but there is a great write up here on how to do that.

Some cases hinges were riveted in, some cases I’ve seen riveted heads with nuts holding hinges in.

Your case looks to be in good shape minus the hinges. Great find!!

Ok no top or glass in it now. Scrubbed the bottom with a green pad for a brushed finish. Might clean it up more but no one is going to see it really. 3 aluminum rivets have been lost. Anyone know if I can get stainless replacements at Home Depot?

IMG_0741.jpeg

IMG_0742.jpeg

IMG_0743.jpeg

Yep... those aren't rivets, they're screws that hold the top together. I had the same problem... because those screws are aluminum. I just used other screws and put them to the back of the cabinet where no one would ever see. Home Depot does have a nice selection of stainless, in special drawers. You could look through that to see if you find anything close. You're not going to find aluminum screws that look like the OG... I can guarantee that. You see they don't hold up well; that damage came from the whole display being moved from place to place, and the screws couldn't handle the force.

Back