• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

First Case - Need Experts Help

lloydrose

I should Work at Oakley
Halifax, NS Canada
I secured my first case after years of searching in my area. They don’t come up often. The door is missing, hinges are present however. Locks are missing for the drawers. Anyone know the dimensions of the door and lock replacements? Original light works and has all the shelves present. It's currently at my Sisters place about 2 hours away but plan to polish the plexiglass using Novus Polish and give everything else a good scrubbing before bringing it home. So far I got about $50USD into it. Appreciate anyone's help :)

IMG_0835.jpeg

You can use a torch to help polish up the acrylic (plexiglass) once everything is clean. It will help remove minor scratches and imperfections. Plenty of threads here with the lock cylinder dimensions and lots of cheap replacements on Amazon. Congrats on this find and saving another case.

You can use a torch to help polish up the acrylic (plexiglass) once everything is clean. It will help remove minor scratches and imperfections. Plenty of threads here with the lock cylinder dimensions and lots of cheap replacements on Amazon. Congrats on this find and saving another case.
How do you torch it exactly? (Sorry, naive 🙄😅) I just got a 3.0 recently and have some minor fine scratches on the front plexi glass. Used the Novus 1&2 but I still see some, especially when the lights are on..😔 Thanks in advance

How do you this? I just got a 3.0 recently and have some minor fine scratches on the plexis. Used the Novus 1&2 but I still see some, especially when the lights are on..😔 Thanks in advancez
I secured my first case after years of searching in my area. They don’t come up often. The door is missing, hinges are present however. Locks are missing for the drawers. Anyone know the dimensions of the door and lock replacements? Original light works and has all the shelves present. It's currently at my Sisters place about 2 hours away but plan to polish the plexiglass using Novus Polish and give everything else a good scrubbing before bringing it home. So far I got about $50USD into it. Appreciate anyone's help :)

View attachment 1056921
Very nice find. Congrats!

I have the single bottom door version. I’m not sure they’re the same but my door dimensions are:
H-43 13/16”
W-11 13/16”
D-3/8”

Hope this helps.

@Yo Flawch! would you happen to know the dimensions of the door panel? I will be trying some steel wool and the Novus Polish to hopefully bring this case back to looking great :)

PM'ed - I'll get you measurements the best I can, but my towers are different than yours.

I use NOVUS 2 and 3 all the time. I recondition PSA and BGS slabs, because knuckleheads don't know how to handle them with care. Some scratches are too deep to eliminate, but you can definitely improve the look of all the acrylic, using a little elbow grease.

I would not use steel wool on the Mega Tower. Instead, I would look into 3M pads (Green, Red, etc), and water. The steel wool led to inconsistent results, but the pads work much better.

I have the single bottom door version. I’m not sure they’re the same but my door dimensions are:
H-43 13/16”
W-11 13/16”
D-3/8”

Hope this helps.
This is what I have. I will verify @sratt17 's measurements, but as he said, we don't know if our acrylic door is the same size as yours. Maybe you could provide some measurements so we could compare. How about the height and width of the opening where the door will go? How about the distance between the two door hinges?

Latest Posts

Back