• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polished MM's raw deal

CarGuy

Finally got rid of the default title...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
20140910_221156.jpg

I'm guessing that these were hand polished since they were each a 150 run. The aluminum vault was brought back for the rust decay plastic pieces, why couldn't they have done some watch vaults and polished them? The blue gets shafted worse since it comes with the black Pelican-esque box that won't even allow to be used for a display.
If you're going to make a statement like it was supposed to be and justify the $2000 price tag why not do it right?

Last edited:
So in Oakley-speak "polished" = plated. Then all the "polished" x metals are actually plated (with the exception of the early serialized)?
Then what are the 24k Juliets and XS's? Not "plated"?

So in Oakley-speak "polished" = plated. Then all the "polished" x metals are actually plated (with the exception of the early serialized)?
Then what are the 24k Juliets and XS's? Not "plated"?
Xmetals are polished. I think the 24k pairs are actually anodized

Later gen polished are really polished? They look almost mercurial, the finish almost flows compared to the earlier "hammered" appearance.

View attachment 109813
I'm guessing that these were hand polished since they were each a 150 run. The aluminum vault was brought back for the rust decay plastic pieces, why couldn't they have done some watch vaults and polished them? The blue gets shafted worse since it comes with the black Pelican-esque box that won't even allow to be used for a display.
If you're going to make a statement like it was supposed to be and justify the $2000 price tag why not do it right?
I agree that Oakley should have done a better job with the boxes, especially with the astronomical MSRP. Oh well; I bought them anyway.

Latest Posts

Back