• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polishing my Romeo

Using just metal polish will give them a shine but it wont remove any casting marks left from the manufacturing process - any imperfections will detract from the final result.

240 grit will quickly remove casting marks then it is a simple pricess of working through the different grades until you get to the finest - in my case 10k grit. This gives a great finish but using either Maguiars or Mothers aluminium polish will give superb results.

My pair with Fire lenses have a 10k wet and dry finish, and the Sapphire pair have the 'extra' Mothers alu finish....

20220203_094429.jpg

20220203_094545.jpg

20220203_094554.jpg

Last edited:
Never.
You could use a brown scotch pad to begin with. Honestly though just the NXT & rag is all you need.
It doesn’t take long. That’s why I only charge £40 to polish a Romeo 👌🏻
Using just metal polish will give them a shine but it wont remove any casting marks left from the manufacturing process - any imperfections will detract from the final result.

240 grit will quickly remove casting marks then it is a simple pricess of working through the different grades until you get to the finest - in my case 10k grit. This gives a great finish but using either Maguiars or Mothers aluminium polish will give superb results.

My pair with Fire lenses have a 10k wet and dry finish, and the Sapphire pair have the 'extra' Mothers alu finish....

View attachment 936233

View attachment 936234

View attachment 936235
Ill use both of your advices. Doing more work on it today. Thank you brothers 😊

I’m not sure about the ‘stainless steel’ look personally. The amazing thing about X metals is the fact that titanium is cast or as they say in USA, forged. (?)
But each to their own of course. 💯👌🏻🔥

Back