• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Possible to disassemble Radarlock frames to make a custom one?

jrhoads23

Oakley Beginner
I have a couple different Radarlock frames that I would like to piece together for a custom one. Is it (easily) possible to disassemble them and mix/match pieces? I am talking about the bands, main frame component, ...

It'll be easier to custom paint them. There are tricks for the bands to be removed with minimal damage but the arms are pinned and as such are problematic to interchange.
Icons are rather easy to swap.

Thanks. Are the icons held in via adhesive? So when they are removed and put in a different one they wont stick as well because the adhesive won't be as good? Or do they "click" in or something?

Thanks. Are the icons held in via adhesive? So when they are removed and put in a different one they wont stick as well because the adhesive won't be as good? Or do they "click" in or something?

Adhesive. Just like the majority of other sports frames (except later Racing Jackets which clip in). If you remove them and swap different ones in you have to add Adhesive (easiest is with double sided clear tape and some heat). There's a few threads around here that spell out the process

Awesome. Thanks. I will search around for that. Sucks that the bands are not easily swappable but I kind of assumed that would be the case after looking closely at the ones I have

Nose bridge twist off and can switch between regular and xl nose bridge .

The stem (arms ) have a top or side piece that can be be pressed out with a small screw driver.

Pretty simple stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest Posts

Back