• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Post Pictures Of Your Knives And Sunglasses

Just got this one finished up for a Christmas gift for my dad. Stainless damascus blade with a very slight acid etch after polishing. Titanium liners anodized blue with copper/bronze highlights and micarta scales held together with titanium chainring bolts anodized the same as the liners. Finished it off with a hand stitched sheath, water formed and case hardened. He’s a hunter so I’m hoping the blade shape works well for him.

View attachment 558042 View attachment 558039 View attachment 558040 View attachment 558041

Blade shape looks good for hunting and micarta doesn't get slippery when bloody so very nice work. I'd give it a slightly longer acid bath to bring out the contrast more, but it looks very good as it is :D

Blade shape looks good for hunting and micarta doesn't get slippery when bloody so very nice work. I'd give it a slightly longer acid bath to bring out the contrast more, but it looks very good as it is :D

Was thinking about etching it a bit further but didn’t want it to get to the point where you could actually feel the pattern as I wanted the blade to be super easy to clean.

Was thinking about etching it a bit further but didn’t want it to get to the point where you could actually feel the pattern as I wanted the blade to be super easy to clean.

With warmish red vine vinegar it's pretty slow and with a slight polish afterwards you get nice contrast without the loss in cutting performance and cleaning issues ;)

6DFF5BBD-8C5A-45E2-A823-0C1048105914.jpeg

New one from @Litos collection.

Back