Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Prizm Tungsten Pol

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VirusSixZero

Oakley Beginner
Canada
They are quite different, but it amounts to personal preference.
Black is neutral, but quite dark. On an overcast day, it's a little too dark, but it's not messing with colour rendition. It's a kind of reflective, yet classic look in sunglasses.

Tungsten is a brown/amber base. Most people (myself included) find brown lenses to be a bit more soothing on the eyes. I find the brown is versatile in bright to medium light. If you care about people being able to see your eyes, Tungsten is a bit less reflective from the outside. In most conditions your eyes will be obscured, but slightly visible.

Chris A Hardaway

The Man Loves to Chop 'Em.
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
San Luis Obispo, CA
Pair #1 I go prizm black, pair #2 prizm Tungsten, pair #3 something much lighter like a golf or even prizm trail lens.

I almost always recommended starting w black, most dark and neutral, then branch out from there.

Oakleyfan09

Oakley Beginner
I do normally tend to lean towards a contrast lens. I’ve had tungsten before on a Jupiter squared but I remember sometimes dealing with what some might call “ghosting” on headlights. Anyone have this issue with Prizm tungsten?

Atticus

What's the most you've ever lost on a coin toss?
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Central PA
I do normally tend to lean towards a contrast lens. I’ve had tungsten before on a Jupiter squared but I remember sometimes dealing with what some might call “ghosting” on headlights. Anyone have this issue with Prizm tungsten?
I only have one pair of prizm, but can’t say I’ve noticed issues with any artifacts...but I do see that with my DWP.

kmbijit

Oakley Collector
If you like a contrast lens, see if you can snag a pair with the older 'Tungsten Iridium' tint.
Prizm Tungsten isn't quite as nice as the original TI, which has a neat bronze base (yellowish brown). TI is an awesome lens for those less-than-sunny days.

New Threads