• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Quality Replacement Lenses for Oakley A-wire?

I took my vr28 blue polarized collection out to compare:

The only one that would work would be to buy a set of Big Square Wires with that lens and have it cut. The "polarized" etching would line up perfectly. The XLJ Half Jacket lens is too small and the curvature of the etching is wrong.

Be sure to look at the new G30 polarized that came out with the Fast Jackets. That tine might be a good substitute.

One more thing, I compared the Ti A Wire lenses with Whisker lenses, and they are super close. I had not realized how big the ti a wire lens is. So you could get any of the whisker lenses - ti polarized, oo black pol, black pol, etc... and have those trimmed, easily.

Thank you for the other options Opinionated! :)
I'll first wait till I have the prices tomorrow but maybe it's a good idea to get some poly lenses cut for in the mean time and then on the hunt for some VR28 blue poly big squares.

Greetings Peter

Well, that didn't go as planned today. She called back and said she talked to the oakley dealer and their conclusion is that there aren't any replacement lenses for my Ti A-wire and the lenses can't be cut from oakley's spherical lenses. Maybe I'll contact somebody else here in Holland, in the meantime I'll drop Dr. Chop and pm for some info :biggrin:

Greetings Peter

Thank you for the update!

In the part months by luck I found a used pair if big squares with VR28 blue poly lenses! But on arrival the iridium also has some minor scratches so I'm not going to use them, the will be up for sale in a few weeks. I was thinking as it's almost impossible to find like new blue iridium lenses I'm going to change my search and go for the VR28 poly ones (not the same but close). Found a like new pair of replacement lenses in spain from a square wire 3.0, they should be in tomorrow. If that doesn't work (recutting) I could always look for some nice A-wire poly lenses to replace them with. :)

Greetings Peter

Apologies for bring back an old thread, but I have a related question and assumed it was better to build off this old info.
I have an old pair of gunmetal A wires (spring hinge) with ruby iridium lenses. The frames are it perfect shape, but the lenses are shot and need to be replaced.

First, one of the sponsors here is eyekonlenses.com who claims to make polarized A Wire lenses. Has anyone tried these and if so, are they any good?

Secondly, are any tools needed to replace the lenses or do they just pop out with pressure?

Thanks guys!

I can't tell you about the eyekonlenses, if it was me I would stick with the OEM oakley lenses.
My big square lenses were recut so they fit into my a-wires. The only thing that isn't correct is that the "polarized" engraving had a different angle then on mine so now it only shows "polar". Not a big problem.

To remove the lenses you'll need a small screwdriver to take out the screws :)

Greetings Peter

Hello everyone. I am having a similar issue, but with a different lens tint. I'm trying to find gold iridium polarized a wire lenses. I've been trying on Ebay for awhile now also. The majority of the ones I find have been gold iridium, but not polarized, or the lenses are no good and they are basically selling the frame... I will start including big square wire in my searches as I'm not worried about the polarized word being messed up after cutting, just that I have good lenses! My old ones started bubbling up at the top where they touch your face and eventually got completely destroyed! Has anyone tried cutting lenses in any of the lines other than big square wire? My question/concern is that since the original curvature is designed for a specific frame, will cutting it down to fit an a wire frame mess with the curvature somehow? I looked at the whisker replacement lenses (as someone else suggested) on the Oakley site, but they don't come in gold iridium polarized...any and all help would be so much appreciated!

I know this thread is rather old... but it does seem like the perfect place to ask:
I have a pair of Oakley A wire sunglasses. Platinum frame, Gold Iridium lens.
I bought them way back in 2000, and now the lens have been badly scratched.
None of the Oakley dealers I have visited have been able to help, and all I can find on eBay seem to be 3rd party lenses.

So is anyone here selling Oakley Gold Iridium lens for the A wire?
Or can point me anywhere useful?

Thanks in advance.
Antony

Back