• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Question About My Juliets & A-Wires - Save, Sell, Or Toss??? PICS ADDED

One thing I noticed when I was looking pics of newer Juilets, the arms are different from mine, mine have like a zig-zag in them.

Those zig-zags are called hammer stems. Most Juliets had straight stems but all polished Juliets had hammers, along with a few special editions.

Do they have a serial number inside the left earstem? What are the leading and trailing characters?

I'm at work so I only took a quick look at it, but now I'm wondering if I could have him put rose or yellow tinted prescription lenses in the juliets and then I could use them as shooting glasses!? Hmmmmmm.

x-man does tune-ups and custom refinishing work. Swapping lenses in Juliets is very easy and DIY, you just need a good T6 driver (go for Wiha). It's sourcing the lenses that's difficult - for prescription you need to either go to Oakley or a prescription shop.

x-man does tune-ups and custom refinishing work. Swapping lenses in Juliets is very easy and DIY, you just need a good T6 driver (go for Wiha). It's sourcing the lenses that's difficult - for prescription you need to either go to Oakley or a prescription shop.

My eye Dr sells Oakleys in his shop so I could probably get them thru him. But just lenses for my Half Jackets was like almost $300 which I thought was crazy since the glasses dont even cost that much! And since Oakley is not an approved "VSP lab" (whatever that is) my insurance wont cover much on the lenses, only like $60 plus 20% off. What is Whia?

I'm at work now so I dont have the glasses handy to look at. I'll have to check later tonight if I get a chance totally swamped with a soccer tourney that starts tonight & urns all weekend. I may try & call my wife and ask her to look. I know they do have an SN inside on the arm and it matches the box too but of course I cant remember it.

Thanks for the links and all the info dude! :cool-20:

Thanks for the links and all the info dude! :cool-20:

De nada...

What is Whia?

Wiha is a top quality brand of screwdriver. They're precision ground to be a perfect fit and use high-grade tool steel (CRM-72) for durability / avoid deforming the tip. That's important because a cheap driver can end up stripping your screwhead, which turns into a much bigger problem. But otherwise it's a piece of cake.

They're about $10 on amazon right now. Well worth it.

Those zig-zags are called hammer stems. Most Juliets had straight stems but all polished Juliets had hammers, along with a few special editions.

Do they have a serial number inside the left earstem? What are the leading and trailing characters?
Well maybe they are not as old as I thought. The X metal coin with the box says 1999. The S/N on the frame says JP001492 and the box says A01492 - well really it says 04-119-A01492

And the box for the soft vault has a date on the label of 7/5/01. I would think I bought them at the same time but maybe not?

Well maybe they are not as old as I thought. The X metal coin with the box says 1999. The S/N on the frame says JP001492 and the box says A01492 - well really it says 04-119-A01492

And the box for the soft vault has a date on the label of 7/5/01. I would think I bought them at the same time but maybe not?

about right for an earlier frame. it is first generation, and i don't know how many generations the polished version has but that's a gem for sure. not super rare/sought after but not uber vanilla either. serialized pair in the lower fetches a bit of a premium for collectors but that would have played a big part if it were complete and mint of course. they would probably make b@d@$$ pair for the shooting range with some g30 blue iridium lenses lenses or g26... but the prescription part makes it tough to make look good. i don't have any restrictions on my eyesight that requires correction, yet, but if i did i would end up wearing contacts so i can wear my stuff. :cool-20:

Sounds like a nice pair with a low serial w/ matching box to boot. I would keep them if I were you. If not, trade them to me...lol

Hey everyone, here are some pics and a short video I took of all the stuff for the Juliet glasses.

Here is a link to the video:

You can see in the pics that the soft vault is pretty hammered, and the fiber bag too. I think the frames are in pretty good shape but I did notice two small nicks in the frames above each lense, you can feel them with a fingernail but they are barely visble to the naked eye, not at all like they show in the pics. The rubber on the ear stems will need to be replaced, also need lenses, and the nose bridge seems really loose to me. There is a set of nose bombs but I think they are the small ones, probably need a new set of those too. One ear stem is looser than the other, probably just needs to be tightened.

DSCN2840 (1024x768).jpg
DSCN2841 (1024x768).jpg
DSCN2842 (1024x768).jpg
DSCN2843 (1024x768).jpg
DSCN2844 (1024x768).jpg
DSCN2845 (1024x768).jpg
DSCN2847 (1024x768).jpg
DSCN2848 (1024x768).jpg
Thanks again. Ryan

Attachments

• DSCN2849 (1024x768).jpg
    DSCN2849 (1024x768).jpg