• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

R1 lens legit?

Those lenses are not mint. Mint ones are safely hidden away in my stash. Having said that, these lenses aren't trashed either...

Right but internally consistent. Meaning the thickness is even within a single lens. The 'fake' is thiker one side than the other, distorting vision slightly. Good info. though that the thickness from R1 OEM to OEM can vary.
I believe all oakley lenses are thicker on one side compared to the other. I think the inside of the lens, near the nose bridge, is thicker than the outside of the lens.

Those lenses are not mint. Mint ones are safely hidden away in my stash. Having said that, these lenses aren't trashed either...

Ok, wait?!? You have THESE slightly used but great condition replacement lenses? AND you have MINT ones stashed elsewhere in Vault jdd33?!?! :twitch:

Ummm, do you need security for you for your facility?:spiteful:

;)

Ok, wait?!? You have THESE slightly used but great condition replacement lenses? AND you have MINT ones stashed elsewhere in Vault jdd33?!?! :twitch:

Ummm, do you need security for you for your facility?:spiteful:

;)

Lol it's a secret location that nobody knows. My collection is not at my postal address so don't even bother knocking at the door! I need a bank vault very soon judging at the rate these market prices climb...

@saulsaul Have you considered that these may be a genuine custom cut with slightly less professional etching done to make it more like the original finish? Just a theory.

You have not mentioned whether the base tint on the lense is the same as the original. I have no experience of fake lenses so I hesitate to say that I would doubt that fakes would mimic the original particularly well.

There were a small number of fake lenses being sold on ebay back in 2011. They guy was selling "etched" polarized lenses that weren't actually polarized for other models, and some etched fake romeo lenses. I bought some polarized "ice" Juliet lenses from this fellow, and called him on it. He just gave me my money back and never asked for a return, I still have them somewhere. I don't know if these are from him, but I do remember them being very thin.

Custom cut with amateur etching? Yeah it's possible as the tint looking through the lens is correct. Even if so, don't like it!

Latest Posts

Back