• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Refitting The Oakley Icons Back On

Oakley_Sight

Gotta love a good DOG
After having the Icons painted for my Moster Frog's I needed to fit them back on to the frame. Due to the age of the glasses the tape that original held the Icons in place was no good. I mentioned this to the paint shop that did the work for me & he pulled out some MAGIC TAPE. He simply peeled off the top & stuck Icons onto it. Put the top back over & rubbered over the Icons. Once i got back to my office I just had to peel them off the backing. This left the glue on the back of the Icon & NO cutting out for me. The only thing i found was it was best to use a craft or stanley knife to just go around the centre & that way the adhisive was left on the backing paper too. The name of the product is called jtape. I have attached their website & it was the logo tape that was used.

Foam masking tape, soft edge masking tape, dart tape and advanced foam masking tape - jtape.com

See also my picutre of the Icons that I have just had painted too ready for my Hijinx coming back. The Icons are stuck to the jtape ready. Hope this helps some of you out their.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jtape? Where can I buy this??

This tends to be used by bodyshops for sticking badges etc back onto cars. So try to find a friendly bodyshop or you could enquire on their website. The beauty of this tape is that it adds NO BULK to the Icon so they would not stand any prouder than the did originally. Some double sided tape is not strong enough to hold the Icons in place & even the you would have to trim the tape to the shape of the Icon but you dont with this. Let me know how you get on & if you struggle i'll try to beg, steel or borrow some from the lads that gave me mine.

Latest Posts

Back